Off to the Emerald Isle 18 Aug anyone want to meet?

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Rich Gibson, Jul 31, 2007.

1. We're gloing to be in Ennis 18-19-20, SW Ireland 21-22-23 (Still looking for B&B near Killarney) Kildare/Dublin 24-25, Waterford 26-27.

Anyone want to join up a bit for a joint shoot please contact me either through pm, email or in this thread.

Thanks, Rich...the meandering moderator!

2. Do you need someone to carry yer bags? :wink:

I have been fortunate enough to have traveled extensively, in large part due to my job and 26 years in the Air Force (80+ countries I think). I have a goal of making photographs and playing golf in South Africa, Australia, Scotland, and Ireland. You avid golfers know what I mean. I have yet to make it to Ireland and Scotland.

3. Ireland - Ballybunion
    Scotland - Where else? St. Andrews

:biggrin:

4. Safe travels Rich! I can only dream of such.

5. Rich,
    Just curious about what equipment, e.g., lenses, you plan to take.

6. Just wanted to wish you a safe and memorable trip!

7. Carnoustie, Muirfield, Troon, Turnberry............ :cool: 

And that's just the Open venues.

Ronnie

8. Well hey if your golfing... try Lahinch when your in Clare. The winds can be a challenge. I golf there with my uncle whenever I get home. He's been golfing it for at least 70 years. I never stand a chance against him. Enjoy your trip.
    Vince:smile:

9. Well, I always over pack. The D2X, D200 backup, 12-24, 28, 18-200, 105, maybe 28-70, 45p just to try it out. Possibly a borrowed Sigma 10-20. Lowepro computrekker, MacBook Pro, 4 -gb CF cards, Velbon mini-tripod and Acratek head....and my new Garmin Nuvi 670 GPS with Europe maps..woo hoo!

My apologies to Ronnie and Vince for showing my golfing ignorance. No, I never learned to golf; the two were all I know about. Ronnie, keep late June early July 2009 open...we'll be back!

Frank, thanks. We always have a good time there and this year our 14 year old granddaughter is coming along so it will be great to see Ireland through her eyes.

Thanks, Rich

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.