Off Topic: For Cat Lovers - Isn't it cuddly?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ken-L, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Finally a lap cat that doesn't get sand kicked in it's face!

This is the "new" breed of Savannah Cat - I did NOT take this photo, it comes from a web site.

Isn't it just so cute and cuddly? I WANT ONE!

[​IMG]

2. awwwwwwww!
    Looks like it's about the size my maine coon kitten will be in a few months.....

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Ken, is that someone's pet or a very tame wild animal? If that's a pet, it would be a better watch dog than any pooch. Who in there right mind would break into someone's home with that thing looking our the window at them? Not me, baby!!!!!

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
  5. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

That's a "tame" animal - a "pet". I really would like one......I can imagine taking a photo of it chasing a dog.

They are supposedly quite good as pets. But I can't help thinking about a feral cat we took in. If it got startled when you were petting it, :shock: there was a sort-of-blur, then the realization that you were dripping blood from several places all-at-once. :twisted: Now that's with just a "normal" size cat, I shudder at the thought of an "accident" with one of these little babies!

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Definately a serious looking feline! :twisted: Are these things friendly? Yikes! :shock:

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Have you ever held a cat, and then feel the claws extend into your skin...ouch. I certainly can't imagine the pain when that thing extends it's claws because it doesn't want to be held any longer!!! "Honey...do we have any bandaids??? NO HONEY....THE BIG BOX!!!!!

8. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

This, from a Savannah Cat web site:

9. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

This is more MY speed......

28028583_b9a80711cd.

10. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    [​IMG]

My grandfather had great respect for animals and once was invited to the West Midlands Safari Park to handle the new cubs, this photo is not of one of them! I took this at a private collection of cats which are used in breeding programs.

Captivity for some species may be the only way to keep them from extinction.

Dentist anyone?!

11. Now THAT's my idea of a cat!!! Funny how the head seems so disproportionately small for the body. Stunning markings!

12. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I think if an insurance agent saw one of these at a house you would have to find a new company! If the neighborhood didn't know you had one, and someone saw it running around, I can imagine all the 911 calls about the "mountain lion" or "wildcat"!

When we met, my wife had a cat that was a serious "scratcher". We still have that cat, it was not declawed, and just a few days of "retraining" got rid of that nasty habit, except on her scratching post.

13. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

There are some personality "quirks" that just are not acceptable! If I had a cat like "Spike", I would explain to him that we didn't think he was happy living here, and we would find a more suitable place for his special talents.

14. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I've always thought that Servals are really neat, but from what I've read they're pretty high maintenance as far as pets go. These Savannahs look pretty interesting since they've been cross-bred with domestics to be a bit more tame.

15. bstaggs

bstaggs Guest

I hope my animal isn't starting to show "Spike" like behavior problems!

:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]