Offering a seminar...

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
Hope it's okay to post this here, but so many people on this forum have asked me about this I figured it would be okay.

I'm considering offering a one day seminar on studio lighting, shooting a model and all my processing tricks. More or less cover everything in one comprehensive class sometime late in May.

I want to keep the class size to no more than two people and the emphasis would be on individual attention. Cost would be $450 and include everything except travel and lodging.

Idea is kind of loose at the moment... I'm just putting out feelers if anyone would be interested.

PM me if you're interested.

Woody, I've thought of suggesting this to you in the past. I wasn't sure if this was something you would be interested in.

I would certainly be interested. What is the closest airport to your studio? What day of the week are you considering? If you guaranteed only 2 total attendees, it would certainly make it more desireable.

N

Nuteshack

wonderful idea Woody...once i get past this hurdle with my daughter i would love to take u up on this...what an honor!
;-))

I think it's a great idea as well! I would love to attend and would even consider flying there, but wouldn't be able to make it in May. So, once the May class is a success, maybe I can attend one of your future classes! :smile: Have you thought about possibly putting together a video? Sort of a beginning lighting tutorial?

Heck, I just want to see the Seaboard House and the town "eccentric" who owns it! :wink:

What is the closest airport to your studio? What day of the week are you considering? If you guaranteed only 2 total attendees, it would certainly make it more desireable.

The closest airport is Raleigh Durham International (RDU), about a 45 minute drive from me.
The day of the week is totally flexible. I'm retired and intend to make this as convenient as possible for everyone.

I cannot accommodate more that two attendees, so that number is set in stone.

Thanks for asking...

but wouldn't be able to make it in May. So, once the May class is a success, maybe I can attend one of your future classes! :smile: Have you thought about possibly putting together a video? Sort of a beginning lighting tutorial?

The video is an idea I've not considered. I'll see how well the class goes and go from there.

I intend to offer more in the future if the interest is there... I might even consider one-on-one. So many things to think about.

G

Gr8Tr1x

Woody, got your PM. I'm interested. I may have to wait until afetr the Summer though... I'm tied up on the weekends from here on out.

Woody, I won't even pretend that I might possibly be able to get out there for a class, as much as I would like to.

But now a video! I would definately pay for that. Kick it around in your head... is there a person you could pay to shoot and edit it? Maybe you could get a few people to pay in advance to offset your costs.

EDIT: you couls later offer it for sale on your website $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Latest threads

Top Bottom