1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Office 2008 on Leopard???

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by ubetcha, Sep 10, 2008.

1. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    I just tried to install Office 2008 on my new MB Pro and the disc will not mount. It spins for a moment and then ejects itself with no error message or notice at all. The odd thing is that the very same disc is recognized by my wife's MB Pro running Tiger and displays the install menu. Is this a bad disc or is there something about installing Office 2008 on Leopard that I need to know?

2. peterparker

peterparker

Jun 2, 2006
    Houston
    Nothing special that I know of. Works on my MBP with Leopard.

3. ChrisA

ChrisA Guest

Those slot loading drives are finicky. Sometimes I'll have trouble reading a disc that reads fine in other drives. One idea is to use a USB CD drive if you have one or put the disc in a Mac where it is readable then export the drive over the network.

If the drive is ejecting the disc, the problem is not leopard or software related. It has not gotten that far yet. the problem is with the drive and/or disc. It's just not being read correctly. The "fix" is easy use another drive to read the disc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.