Office cloud reflections

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by gnagel, Jun 30, 2008.

1. I captured this image right after lunch this afternoon. I liked how the clouds appeared as they reflected off of this Chicago suburban (Westmont) office building:

D300, Nikkor 17-55, 1/320th @ f/6.3, ISO 200, Circular polarizer, -1/3 EV compensation

p657678417-5.

Comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks for looking...
    Glenn

2. hey great picture
    I like the composition, the colors the idea...
    Leo

3. Thanks Leo...

I only had a few shots captured before security rushed out of the building to put an end to my session!

Glenn

4. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    Nice shot. If you were shooting from public property you could've just told them to **** up a rope.

5. Thanks...

I was shooting from their parking lot. It's tough to see the building from public property as it is surrounded by trees.

I still don't understand why they have such an issue with having a few photos taken.

Glenn

6. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    What a great idea! Looks like a mosaic! Love it!

7. Thanks!

8. Nice patterns. I like shooting glass building reflections too.

9. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Neat. For me, it looks like a puzzle -- I caught myself trying to match up pieces.

10. Thanks Victor

11. LOL

Thanks Bob

12. Good eye and a great pic, like the others, I appreciate refection pics

13. Thanks Tom

14. CoOokie

CoOokie

May 4, 2008
    Poland
    I like it. Like a logic game of some sort (in 3D).

15. Thanks Lucas...

I'm glad the exposure worked out OK. I usually try to avoid high noon when shooting photos.

Glenn

16. Nice shot Glenn. As for security, you're on their parking lot so I can see them having a case. Otherwise, on the sidewalk, I'd tell them to kiss my a__.

17. It is a neat shot Glenn. I like the composition, exposure and the subject itself. You were at the right place at the right time and had a good eye to capture the shot. Well done.

God Bless,
    David

18. Thanks Dez...

I realize they have a right to have me move from their parking lot--I just don't understand why they care so much.

Glenn

19. Thank you David

20. slipstream

slipstream

Dec 29, 2006
    Hook, UK
    that is really cool :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.