Officially a geezer....

Just signed up for a Medicare Advantage insurance plan. Starting on June 1st I am officially a geezer (been working as one under amateur status for quite a while now).

One life goal reached: I am now a burden to society. My pride is boundless. :rolleyes:

Warning! If you have grey hair start counting your change all the time. When you buy an item make sure they give you what you purchased. A lot of people think if you are a geezer they think you are dumb. I fool you not. Of course you can also use it to your advantage. Tell the youngers can you help me carry my 47 lbs. of camera gear because I am a geezer. Isn't it fun reaching that status!!!????.

Congrat's...!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm as old as the year I was Born, how 'bout you...?

(For those in the UK scratching their heads - )

geezer
In the U.K.: A guy, a bloke, a person in general. The British equivalent of the American slang word "dude".

In the U.S.: An old man, particularly one who is either cranky or eccentric. Rather derogatory term.

(UK) "You're looking for Johnny? Yeah, he's that geezer over there in the green coat."

(US) "Old man Anderson keeps yelling at the kids playing outside. That geezer!"

I've noticed recently that I have been bothered by things that are turned up too loud... I guess it's starting for me too. Good luck with your geezerhood - by the time I get there there won't be anything left for us.

Just signed up for a Medicare Advantage insurance plan. Starting on June 1st I am officially a geezer (been working as one under amateur status for quite a while now).

One life goal reached: I am now a burden to society. My pride is boundless. :rolleyes:
I am not there yet. Please keep that government teat nice and dry for me.

Welcome to the club :biggrin:

Carole

I've noticed recently that I have been bothered by things that are turned up too loud... I guess it's starting for me too....
Nah....You've got quite a ways to go to reach geezerhood. You're a geezer when you aren't bothered by things that are turned up too loud - because you can't hear a thing! :biggrin:

I have no clue what Medicare Advantage is... all I know is that I'm paying for insurance and I never go to the doctor :biggrin:

Here's a question I've always wanted to ask.... to anyone over 50, did you have to change your diet at some point or do you continue to eat stuff that you ate when you were 35? (like burgers, beer, etc)

Nah....You've got quite a ways to go to reach geezerhood. You're a geezer when you aren't bothered by things that are turned up too loud - because you can't hear a thing! :biggrin:
What was that, sonny...?

As long as you don't start running around in a trench coat you're still doin' OK... :wink:

I have no clue what Medicare Advantage is... all I know is that I'm paying for insurance and I never go to the doctor :biggrin:
A Medicare Advantage plan is a plan that you pay extra for. Medicare only covers 80% of the charges. With an Advantage plan, you pay copays. It used to be a lot better, but the copays keep going up and up every year as do the premiums. Medical costs in the US are a racket. Read the recent article in Time magazine on this issue.

Here's a question I've always wanted to ask.... to anyone over 50, did you have to change your diet at some point or do you continue to eat stuff that you ate when you were 35? (like burgers, beer, etc)
Absolutely. I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and I had to make changes or go on insulin. I was not about to go down that road, so I cut out all the simple carbs. A few weeks ago, after reading about the effects all these GMOs have on our bodies, and how the companies are hiding them in our foods, I made the decision to go totally organic. I feel a lot better and I have more energy :)

Carole

50??? Try 40! I gain weight just looking at burgers now, I used to go out to eat and order a burger 99 times out of 100 and always stay the same weight. Now, fuhgeddaboudit...

Warning! If you have grey hair start counting your change all the time. When you buy an item make sure they give you what you purchased. A lot of people think if you are a geezer they think you are dumb. I fool you not. Of course you can also use it to your advantage. Tell the youngers can you help me carry my 47 lbs. of camera gear because I am a geezer. Isn't it fun reaching that status!!!????.
I've thought about buying a used walker or cane to break out when it will help, e.g. at the airline boarding queue when they ask if anyone needs help boarding the plane to get on first.:tongue:

l quickly learned why old people are so crabby...it's from dealing with the stupidity and selfishness of younger adults. For example we're on holiday in Leiden and are using their great public transit system instead of driving. I can't tell you how many times I've been cut off trying to find a seat by teens and young adults. And then it's that mindless tap tapping on their pacifiers, you know, the 'smart' phone. It's funny how the current younger generation can't sit still and be alone with their thoughts for more than two seconds; they have to take out their electronic toys and text someone or see if they have a new friend. But don't get me started.

As for eating you do have to change or suffer the long term effects of our normally poor diets. Two years ago I was up to 220# and began reducing my intake. Just before this trip I was at 192# but will likely put on some here. I'll be 71 in June and am determined to be at 185 but my birthday. I keep chips, peanuts, pretzles and popcorn out of the house and allow myself one real Coke and one Coke Zero a day. When I get the munchies I grab a 90 calory low fat yogurt. It's not any where near as fun, but it seems to work. I work out each day as well.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom