1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Oh boy! Oh BOY!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Hoddo, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Just had to share - finally gone digital.

Whilst the F5/4 and 801 are not entirely redundant, today I picked up my brace of D200's, a 50mm f1.4 (problem see lens lust), 17-55, 70-200 and a Sigma 30mm f1.4 and finally a brace of SB-800's

Batteries charging and taking one out on a 'getting to know you' trip tomorrow.

Dribbling - not a pretty site.

For those far more experienced than I any tips or things to look out for?

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Congratulations, it seems as though you are well on your way to digital happiness. The only thing to look out for...is the bill for all that you bought!

4. The price - mmm interesting this. by the way, fogot to mention a brace of MB-D200's.

Did tons of internet searching and found that the combined cost at high street prices was closing fast on £6k. Internet prices from various places went down to £4700. Off I poddle to a high street retailer list in hand and ask if they could price match - they did and better. I walked away having spent £4500 and they threw in two Extreme III 2gb cards. And it gets better...they offered me 12 months interest free credit so my cash tomorrow goes into a savings account and in 12 months they get the £4500 and I keep the pennies of interest. Fabulous! Happy as a pig in...

5. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Some people stick in their big toe, others just do a belly flop. I'd say you fall into the latter category when something strikes your fancy.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Congratulations
    You will do great:>))))

7. Ahhh, laddie, you're starting off with such a good kit!

The 17-55 and 70-200VR were my first lenses, they spoiled me. You are going to have SOOOOO much fun. The 50/1.4 is a fun little lens (I say little compared to the honking 17-55).
    Just go out, shoot, have fun, and come back and show us what you've got. We're all happy for you! :biggrin:

8. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    I won't consider myself "far more experienced" but nevertheless here's a tip I will give you :

Now you're not limited to 36 photos so fire away without thinking twice ! :biggrin:

9. Congrats and enjoy your new gear. We'll soon see that film gear in the for sale forum.:smile:

10. enjoy is the best advice,. def agree - shoot like you're not paying for the film :smile:

Sil

11. debult

debult

Jun 11, 2005
    The Netherlands
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.