Oh Boy Southern Oregon Coast trip

Going to the very southern Oregon coast 11th-13th. This is a pure photo shoot and am looking forward to take lots of stills and videos (for winter processing). I'll probably take 2 Nikons and a m43. Hopeful we will get about 30 hours of imaging in.

Even though I live here, its such a big state that I only get more than 150 miles away from home a couple of times a year. This will be my last trip of that distance for the year and one place I haven't visited in a long time. Should be sea stacks and lots of wildlife.

Jeff,
If you get a chance, take one of the Mail Boats up the Rogue. One of the lunch trips to Paradise would be optimal. Way too many things to shoot along the way.

Spectre:

I've been lucky and spent two weeks up the Rogue (one a Half Moon Bar, the other at the place across the river). Best images I got were of a Black Bear and her cub (video). Yes anyone going there should take one of the mail boats (be prepared to get wet).

Real Name
Alvin
Most of imaging will be done between Gold Beach and Bandon (Sea Stacks and Dunes).

Bandon has some amazing sea stacks. Look forward to seeing your
photos. I checked out your web gallery and you've got some great
images.

I did one trip to Bandon years ago and I had a great time.

Best of luck.

Alvin

Planning a trip to the entire Oregon Coast, Eureka California to Seattle, Washington, at the end of this month (Aug).

Any "do not miss" things?

Each area has great stuff, but allow sometime to visit the fishing docks in Astoria (also the column for a great vista of the area and the "Captain's house").

Canon beach is a tourist/art town with the fabulous Haystack Rock.

Oswald west state park has a great sea cave if you are willing to hike a bit.

Of course the stacks at Bandon and the Oregon Dunes.

If you have time don't miss the SCI FI and Rock and Roll museums in Seattle.

Devils Punch Bowl near Otters Crest

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Jeff, have fun! I live ~ 3-4 miles from the coast and its always good shooting!
Hope you have some good weather also (wind, clouds and maybe a hint of rain) for some nice LS pics.

We'll see them here I hope!

Latest threads

Top Bottom