Oh Deer Oh Deer Oh Deer

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bfjr, Sep 13, 2005.

1. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Another first for me today (no thanks to the screaming lady with dog, but that's another story :mad: ). With patience and stealth I was able to get some shots of Mule Deer, never had one till today :biggrin:
    Take a gander let me know what ya think.

At 1st I thought it would be fleeting, cause of the screaming lady with dog, you guys get the drift :mad:
    [​IMG]

But then they slowed and I approached slowly using my best stalking skills
    [​IMG]

After a fashion they began to simply accept me and I relished in the sights and images they allowed me to share :wink:
    A little discipline for junior
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the little one looked for help :smile:
    [​IMG]

One more stop at tree for a nibble and a look
    [​IMG]

then they were gone. I gave them a silent thank you and went on my way.
    Never did see a buck although I scaned for one.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2005
  2. Excellent shots Ben.

3. Excellent shots, Ben. Number #3 is quite a catch.

4. Really nice Ben...great series :smile:

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Ben,

Great captures. Deer are usually very skiddish, these seem to be okay with people nearby. Thats cool!

Thanks for sharing,

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. Loved the interplay between family members in this series of shots. Well done and with good detail and composition.

8. Ben, I think you're handling your camera very well these days. I've noticed marked improvements in your shots since you joined us. These are really fine shots. Kudos to you!!

9. Johan

Johan

Jun 18, 2005
    Belgium
    Ben,

Amazing shots you have made there man !!! You sure need some good stealth technics in order to come that close. I have been trying to shoot these deers as well lately but without any luck thus far.

So great work, it looks like your D2hs and that big zoomlens of yours make a killer combo :smile:

Keep it up

Kind Regards

Johan

10. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Wonderful series, Ben! Deer are often very shy and spook easily, so getting that many shots up close must have been a great experience. Great shots!

11. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    These are great! I just love deer. We have them in the woods around our house and it's always a treat to see them pop their heads out from time to time....Thanks for sharing.

12. Nice deer shots, Ben. Looks like you got quite close to them! I like the last one best - better catch light in the eyes, especially on the browsing one. I don't always get that and its nice when it happens.

13. Ben this is a great series and the pictures really tell a story. Love those ears.

14. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks Jim

15. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hi Dal Dang
    Yes feel very lucky to of been there at the right time !!

16. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks Mike
    glad you like and glad you commented.

17. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hey Patrick
    thanks for looking and commenting, and thanks for the tips in your other post. Gonna go to Sepulveda dam today see if I can't bring a few home !

18. Hey, Ben, where did you find these? Looks like you might have been out in one of the canyon areas perhaps? Given the "screaming lady and dog" I would guess fairly urban, maybe Santa Monica Mountains even?

Nice series, and as you are finding, patience is truly a virtue for this stuff.

Good job.....

19. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thank you Gordon
    I was thrilled when they dropped their guard about me and went about normal business. I really think they make for better shots.