Oh deer!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Czechman01, Jul 4, 2005.

1. I just got a 70-200 VR so I was on my porch taking pictures of trees, fence posts, flowers... you know the usual junk you shoot to see if the thing you just bought actually works or not :wink:

I heard some noise in the back yard and knew it was a deer so I snuck around to the corner of the house raised the camera, fired ONE shot and she bolted and was gone!

This is probably the cliche shot of all wildlife shots and it's not what I usually do but I think it's a good demonstration of how important it is to have good glass.

D2X - 70-200VR - 200mm - ISO800 - 1/125 - f5.6 - Shot in Program mode

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    It may be a cliche shot, but it is certainly well executed. You should be very pleased. Looks like you are going to get along well with the 70-200VR. :wink:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is absolutely beautiful...Right on the mark...

Wow

I think I would crop a tad off the bottom for printing though. Just to lessen the distraction from that Beautiful Deer shot.

Lucky Dog you.....

4. What a great capture, very colorful and oh so sharp!. You must be very pleased.

Virginia
    akabeaucamera

5. You will find that lens will be on your camera a lot. I think you showed us you can use it with a great photo as the Deer shot.
    Pete

6. It works! :D :D

Sweet shot and best of luck with it all!!

7. Wow! Thanks everyone for such kind words. I wish I could say I worked as hard as some of the posters here to get my shot but it was pure luck, but I'll take it 8) .

Nothing like being in the right place at the right time with the right gear.

Y'all are too kind :oops:

Woody

8. Very nice beautiful comp and great colors and contrast

9. very well executed. Nice clear shot even at a high ISO.

10. Woody, terrific shot, and for a first time out too!!! It's a beautiful lens and looks like you're off to a great start. Nice lighting, very sharp pic - yup, you were made for that lens. BTW, it also marries well with the TCE14II converter if you want more reach. Keeps the sharpness too. Keep shooting....

11. Wonderful capture!! I love the colors!! :D :D :D

12. Very sharp and colorful.

You should get that one printed out and framed.

I really want that lense!

13. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Nicely done!

That is a great shot. I particularly like the setting the deer is in. Absolutely beautiful.

-JM

14. What a nice shot! Caught him in a patch of Black-eyed Susans. Good going, Woody! :)

15. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Just got my 70-200 as well. Hope I can get some great shots like this one. You really got a fantastic result.