Oh deer!

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
I just got a 70-200 VR so I was on my porch taking pictures of trees, fence posts, flowers... you know the usual junk you shoot to see if the thing you just bought actually works or not :wink:

I heard some noise in the back yard and knew it was a deer so I snuck around to the corner of the house raised the camera, fired ONE shot and she bolted and was gone!

This is probably the cliche shot of all wildlife shots and it's not what I usually do but I think it's a good demonstration of how important it is to have good glass.

D2X - 70-200VR - 200mm - ISO800 - 1/125 - f5.6 - Shot in Program mode

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It may be a cliche shot, but it is certainly well executed. You should be very pleased. Looks like you are going to get along well with the 70-200VR. :wink:

That is absolutely beautiful...Right on the mark...

Wow

I think I would crop a tad off the bottom for printing though. Just to lessen the distraction from that Beautiful Deer shot.

Lucky Dog you.....

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
Wow! Thanks everyone for such kind words. I wish I could say I worked as hard as some of the posters here to get my shot but it was pure luck, but I'll take it 8) .

Nothing like being in the right place at the right time with the right gear.

Y'all are too kind :oops:

Woody

Woody, terrific shot, and for a first time out too!!! It's a beautiful lens and looks like you're off to a great start. Nice lighting, very sharp pic - yup, you were made for that lens. BTW, it also marries well with the TCE14II converter if you want more reach. Keeps the sharpness too. Keep shooting....

Nicely done!

That is a great shot. I particularly like the setting the deer is in. Absolutely beautiful.

-JM

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom