OH do I like this lens

For the money this lens can't be beat,sure wish I would have picked it up sooner than later.I think it is a pretty good copy even coming from someone who hasn't been at this for a long time:biggrin:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Dave Watts
nice shots and I can guess your elation is with the 300 f/4 but would be nice to know which lens???

Sorry about that Dave,it is the 300mmf/4 D/AF-S ED IF just got it a few days ago along with 1.4 tc really seems like a good set-up.Thanks for taking a look:smile:

Tim,

After busting my equipment at MI4 I shot with Andreas's 300 f4 for several days. I was so impressed that I bought one when I got back. As I recall, you were shooting with the 70-200VR. Nice going from 280mm to 420, huh? :smile:

Hey buddy,

how about some exif info?

aperture? Shutter? ISO? mm?

Thanks,

Wade
Hey Wade,her is some info you wanted.
The sparrow
Aperture F/4.0
Shutter 1/125
ISO 200
300mm
The house finch
Aperture f/8.0
Shutter 1/80
ISO 200mm
300mm
Still playing around with new lens and enjoying the heck out of it,thanks for taking a look:smile:

D

DW Brewer

Nice work Tim. How about trying that lens out on your heron rookery? Better yet, how about an invite to come up and shoot that rookery with you?

Tim,

After busting my equipment at MI4 I shot with Andreas's 300 f4 for several days. I was so impressed that I bought one when I got back. As I recall, you were shooting with the 70-200VR. Nice going from 280mm to 420, huh? :smile:
Yes thats is correct Frank,I was shooting the 70-200 with the 1.7 now I got the 300 and the 1.4.Haven't tried the 300 with 1.7 yet,and you are so right about 300 f/4 for the money very nice.

You are right Tim, That is a GREAT set up.
Thanks again Dave,it is a nice piece equipment for not a ton of $$$ :biggrin::biggrin:

Nice work Tim. How about trying that lens out on your heron rookery? Better yet, how about an invite to come up and shoot that rookery with you?
Thanks Dave,I would be happy to have you along but the Railroad doesn't want others on the property due to injuries.Besides with all foliage on the trees now it is really hard to get any shots.:frown:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom