OH do I like this lens

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Tim O, May 25, 2007.

1. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    For the money this lens can't be beat,sure wish I would have picked it up sooner than later.I think it is a pretty good copy even coming from someone who hasn't been at this for a long time:biggrin:
    [​IMG]

156253647-L.

2. nice shots and I can guess your elation is with the 300 f/4 but would be nice to know which lens???

3. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Sorry about that Dave,it is the 300mmf/4 D/AF-S ED IF just got it a few days ago along with 1.4 tc really seems like a good set-up.Thanks for taking a look:smile:

4. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Hey buddy,

how about some exif info?

aperture? Shutter? ISO? mm?

Thanks,

Wade

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Tim,

After busting my equipment at MI4 I shot with Andreas's 300 f4 for several days. I was so impressed that I bought one when I got back. As I recall, you were shooting with the 70-200VR. Nice going from 280mm to 420, huh? :smile:

6. You are right Tim, That is a GREAT set up.

7. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Hey Wade,her is some info you wanted.
    The sparrow
    Aperture F/4.0
    Shutter 1/125
    ISO 200
    300mm
    The house finch
    Aperture f/8.0
    Shutter 1/80
    ISO 200mm
    300mm
    Still playing around with new lens and enjoying the heck out of it,thanks for taking a look:smile:

8. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

Nice work Tim. How about trying that lens out on your heron rookery? Better yet, how about an invite to come up and shoot that rookery with you?

9. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Yes thats is correct Frank,I was shooting the 70-200 with the 1.7 now I got the 300 and the 1.4.Haven't tried the 300 with 1.7 yet,and you are so right about 300 f/4 for the money very nice.

Thanks again Dave,it is a nice piece equipment for not a ton of $$$ :biggrin::biggrin:

10. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Thanks Dave,I would be happy to have you along but the Railroad doesn't want others on the property due to injuries.Besides with all foliage on the trees now it is really hard to get any shots.:frown:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.