oh my god! shutter won't release!what have i done?

M

marc

i just had to post this, sorry if you think it's a waste of space or time.

sitting in my office, nothing to do as usual, and have d2x/70-200vr on my desk.

playing around with sb800, testing different settings for background light etc.

my office is fairly large and is actually 2 rooms, conference area and working area.

go to snap off a feww with flash to test ambient light and holy cow!, nothing, oh my god, what have i done.
i need this thing for a shoot, on the weekend.

three four clicks nothing, it won't fire. i am mad, getting ready to flame nikon.

ok! enough ranting, i took the cf card out to download, and did not put it back in.

well, i thought about all the dumb posts, about my camera does not work

hello!

hope this helps to put a smile on your face, it just shows, how dumb i am.

Simple solution, marc, set it up so it will fire with no CF card present. THEN you can complain about taking a gazillion images on a shoot only to find that you forgot to load the FILM :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have heard stories like that, don't you know....... :wink:

M

marc

thanks for the smiles.

i was posting this little story, because it is so typical of the stuff you read, over and over.

when people complain my camera is no good.

it won't focus or shot or lcd is no good.

well here i am the so called knowledgeable user and holy cow! my damn camera is broken.

8) :oops: :cry: :wink: :idea: :?: :evil: :x :shock: :D

marc said:
i just had to post this, sorry if you think it's a waste of space or time.

sitting in my office, nothing to do as usual, and have d2x/70-200vr on my desk.

playing around with sb800, testing different settings for background light etc.

my office is fairly large and is actually 2 rooms, conference area and working area.

go to snap off a feww with flash to test ambient light and holy cow!, nothing, oh my god, what have i done.
i need this thing for a shoot, on the weekend.

three four clicks nothing, it won't fire. i am mad, getting ready to flame nikon.

ok! enough ranting, i took the cf card out to download, and did not put it back in.

well, i thought about all the dumb posts, about my camera does not work

hello!

hope this helps to put a smile on your face, it just shows, how dumb i am.

I encountered this same situation a few weeks back while shooting (with flash) a children's music show. I took out the battery, reseated it, tunrned the camera on and it has functioned perfectly since then.

Rich

*LOL* So I'm not alone then!!! Oh now I feel soooo much better! Brand new to DSLR in March. Take brand new camera out, taking some pics of nature, etc. Find a pond, aim, press shutter and nothing!!! Absolutely nothing. I then look at the camera, and the damn shutter goes. This keeps happening over and over.. DUHHHHHHHH I then remember: Decided to take pics of small waterfall. Have tripod but no cable release and want to do a long exposure, so I set it for the 10 second delay after pressing the shutter. Take a number of shots, and then remove off tripod to walk further and take more pics of something else. Forgot to reset from the delayed timer!!! LMAO Man oh man, did I feel foolish!

Ha Ha, did the exact same thing yesterday

The thing is though, I've done it sooooooo many times, I immediately knew what was wrong. Also, I did that with my CP5700 at my son's soccer game yrs ago, and didn't have a CF card with me at all!

Latest threads

Top Bottom