Oh no, more flowers

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by virtuamike, Apr 21, 2005.

1. I think I'll pick up a macro lens next month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I really like that second one, Mike - it's ... different.

3. Thx! I've seen the black background effect a lot on indoor plants but never on wild flowers. Saw lighting conditions and a background I could work with and that's how it came out.

4. One way to get the black background in macro is to just take a piece of black matt board with you and place it behind the flower or subject when possilbe. it creates a nice contrasty picture and the colors will jump out at you.

5. Or just find a well-lit flower, a somewhat dark solid background in shadow, and expose for the highlights on the flower. The high contrast forces it to go to black naturally.

Not a fan of bringing along all that extra gear just for some flowers :wink: Though I might change my mind when I start lugging around the tripod for macro work.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I agree...I like it when the lighting conditions are just right. I waited quite a few days for the lighting to be just right on a tree in our back yard to get the desired effect in a shot. I was glad I did.

Btw, the 4th shot is my favorite....again, your lighting is just lovely! And with the soft colors, you did a terrific job.

7. They are all nice, 3rd is my favorite.

8. Keep your flower shots coming Mike. I enjoy them very much!! :D :D :D