Oh noes! D700 Dead Battery Syndrome.

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by pforsell, Jul 25, 2008.

1. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    Made you look. :biggrin:
    Sorry about the heart attack. :redface:

2. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    Believe it or not, I was thinking about the possibility of D700 DBS a couple hours ago. It's another reason I choose to avoid adding a D700 to my D3 collection. I went through enough confusion with the D300 and MB-10 until DeOxyIt resolved the trouble.

3. Leif

Leif

Feb 12, 2006
    England
    Knocking on someone's door and running away comes to mind when I read this thread. A pointless waste of time.

4. Hokum

Hokum

Jun 20, 2006
    Pennines UK
    Not here... working fine....

5. Pete

Pete

Jun 10, 2006
    Denver, CO
    A rickroll without Rick...

6. I can honestly say I have never seen a D700 with a dead battery (or without, for that matter!!!!!!)

7. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

well, at least he didn't leave u with a burning bag of poop to stomp out ..lol
    :eek: 

8. madone

madone

Jan 9, 2006
    Connecticut
    and replying to it with a statement like this is yet another...and me replying to yours is yet another....

Seriously, people need to relax a little. Thanks for the laugh pforsell! :biggrin:

9. david7703

david7703

Mar 27, 2008
    melrose ma
    ROTFLMAO..!! :biggrin:

10. Eye Spy

Eye Spy Guest

I was thinking the exact same thing. Should we report him?

11. Leif

Leif

Feb 12, 2006
    England
    I don't find your comment amusing. Just strange.

Does excrement burn?

I just don't see the point of someone else getting off on people wasting their time on a pointless thread. It pees me off. IMO repeatedly doing that is reason to ban someone from a forum.

12. Dayo

Dayo

May 1, 2006
    Bahrain
    I think most will agree with you in general but I'll say give some leeway to Mr Forsell who obviously only suffered from a momentary lapse of common sense which will not continue or repeat itself.

13. jeremyInMT

jeremyInMT Guest

So why do you continue to post in this thread then? Apparently it's worth enough to you that you read it over and over!

14. Never happen - they are saving THAT D700 for Jim Fenton...:eek: :cool: :biggrin:

15. Eye Spy

Eye Spy Guest

I guess it's not an English thing. In the US it is a classic Halloween prank to place a bag full of dog poop on a doorstep, light the bag on fire, ring the bell, and run away.

As far as your question about excrement burning, again in the US Native Americans used to burn the dried Bison droppings in their campfires. It was commonly refered to as Buffalo Chips.

16. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    Nope, I found it amusing.

17. Leif

Leif

Feb 12, 2006
    England
    Let's hope that 'tradition' does not cross the pond. Now that really is disgusting, demanding money/food from someone, and if they do not provide it, give them burning excrement. In the UK some people, especially the elderly, are frightened of 'children' and the damage they cause on Halloween if their demands are not met. Extortion anyone?

18. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Funny thread! Made me look and, unlike some, laugh.

I'm minded of a phrase my father often used: "Many a true word spoken in jest!"

:biggrin:

19. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    This was like April fools joke. All in fun. I think he saw it as "WOW LOOK AT ALL THESE D700 THREADS GOING?". I thought it was good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.