Oh Oh

I belong to a small group that set up a yahoo group for New Jersey Nikon shooters, when looking at it today I found this message posted hope this guy doesn't start trouble...... seem we have started a super secret group and we are immature.
Here is the posted message

Talk about immaturity, but there is a secret new Nikon forum that
has been created by some DPR members and they do not seem to want
others to know. How stuck up can you get. Shame on them !

check it out at

https://www.nikoncafe.com//forums/index.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Secret?? From whom I wonder. The only requirement here is that you are a passionate photography buff, and that you are a nice person.

Sounds like this guy may not qualify.... :?

We'll keep our eyes open.

Thanks,

Frank

Flew said:
Secret?? From whom I wonder. The only requirement here is that you are a passionate photography buff, and that you are a nice person.

Frank
Actually you don't even have to be a nice person...do you? You just have to behave yourself while you're in this cafe.

Rich :roll:

Rich Gibson said:
Flew said:

Frank
Actually you don't even have to be a nice person...do you? You just have to behave yourself while you're in this cafe.

Rich :roll:
I've proven that, and even have misbehaved to boot. :D

Seriously, I think that most of our current members *are* nice folks, and as long as we make that a criteria, we won't have to worry about misbehavior (OK, OK, except for Harris and Bill....;-)).

Frank

Backdoctor said:
F15Todd said:
SECRET!!!
I'm in trouble, I don't remember our secret handshake :roll:
uh oh, forgot it already! Careful, you'll get banned!
Sorry Harris, I meant to mention that there is one more criteria that can keep you in the Cafe.... :oops:

You have access to the kind of Eagles that Todd does (the F15 kind....;-)), you can stay as long as you want.... :lol: :lol:

Frank

Flew said:
Backdoctor said:
F15Todd said:
SECRET!!!
I'm in trouble, I don't remember our secret handshake :roll:
uh oh, forgot it already! Careful, you'll get banned!
Sorry Harris, I meant to mention that there is one more criteria that can keep you in the Cafe.... :oops:

You have access to the kind of Eagles that Todd does (the F15 kind....;-)), you can stay as long as you want.... :lol: :lol:

Frank

Oh, potential Bribes are allowed. I see. :roll:

Serious mode back on for a moment....

To be quite honest with all of you nice folks here, I wouldn't mind if it WERE a secret, handshakes, code words, secret decoder rings and all, if it would keep the jerks like the fellow that made that post stay away. All of these fora tread a fine line between being rational places to gather and share information, and have a bit of fun, and turning into places where the jackasses have taken over. The D100 Forum in DPR is a perfect example. Back in the "way old days", 2 years ago, the percentage of crap threads and commentary was fairly low. Recently I think it has topped 80% of the page 1 threads. The only way that I know of to stop this completely is to have a totally moderated forum where "real names" and email addresses, no hotmail/yahoo/etc, are required. A real introduction is requred as well on the first post. I belong to a list which is run this way, and occasionally we still get a jerk who can't follow the rules, one just got tossed a couple of weeks ago. This is, needless to say, time consuming for those who approve new members and moderate. If we end up with the "jerks of the world" finding us and becoming a problem, we may need to explore something of that nature. I won't be happy, but I will volunteer, to help with whatever process it takes to keep this place sane.

Off my soap-box for now. This is a record, more than 1 completely serious post from Dewey in the same year. Just shows how much I care about this particular issue doesn't it?

Re: Serious mode back on for a moment....

Retief said:
Off my soap-box for now. This is a record, more than 1 completely serious post from Dewey in the same year. Just shows how much I care about this particular issue doesn't it?
Thank you Bill. We all care about the Cafe.... :wink:

Frank

greyflash said:
This is a genteel group, let's hope it stays that way.
I believe that the best Offense is a Great Defense. Pre-Emptive Strke is my Motto. I'm already on the lookout for Lizzy McCollister....... :lol: .

Ah, that feels much better now, thank you :lol: :lol: :wink:

Re: Serious mode back on for a moment....

Retief said:
To be quite honest with all of you nice folks here, I wouldn't mind if it WERE a secret, handshakes, code words, secret decoder rings and all, if it would keep the jerks like the fellow that made that post stay away. All of these fora tread a fine line between being rational places to gather and share information, and have a bit of fun, and turning into places where the jackasses have taken over. The D100 Forum in DPR is a perfect example. Back in the "way old days", 2 years ago, the percentage of crap threads and commentary was fairly low. Recently I think it has topped 80% of the page 1 threads. The only way that I know of to stop this completely is to have a totally moderated forum where "real names" and email addresses, no hotmail/yahoo/etc, are required. A real introduction is requred as well on the first post. I belong to a list which is run this way, and occasionally we still get a jerk who can't follow the rules, one just got tossed a couple of weeks ago. This is, needless to say, time consuming for those who approve new members and moderate. If we end up with the "jerks of the world" finding us and becoming a problem, we may need to explore something of that nature. I won't be happy, but I will volunteer, to help with whatever process it takes to keep this place sane.

Geez Bill, I'm impressed! :p

UncleFrank said:
greyflash said:
It's genteel and civilized, but I'm hoping you're going to take off that coat and tie one day and relax a little :wink:
Frank,

Hey, I think Gordon cleans up real well.... 8)

I think you look smashing Gordon.... :wink: Can't remember the last time I wore one of those things though.... :?

Frank

UncleFrank said:
greyflash said:
It's genteel and civilized, but I'm hoping you're going to take off that coat and tie one day and relax a little :wink:
Funny Uncle Frank :lol: Actually it is the only picture that I had of me in my old age. Perhaps I should get busy and take one. Perhaps this one would be better. No one ever said I couldn't take a hint. :roll:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom