Oh Oh

Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
15,253
Location
Marysville, WA
Re: Hey Mike ...

Boobie Joe said:
We should go troll on them ... :twisted:
I would but I have no idea AT ALL, how one would go about such a thing. I am also quite appalled that anyone who is a member of this elitist secret society would have any clue either. And then their is the problem that I am not from NJ, but I guess if one were to be a Troll it doesn't really matter anyway, is that how it works? Wait, nobody here would know anyway, right? Perhaps we could enlist Lizzy :idea: , I'm sure she would take on the onerous task.....

:wink:
 
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
1,027
Location
Annandale, VA
Re: Hey Mike ...

Retief said:
Boobie Joe said:
We should go troll on them ... :twisted:
I would but I have no idea AT ALL, how one would go about such a thing. :wink:
Speaking of trolls. Has anyone heard of Ger Bee lately? Was he banned from DPR again? I wonder if he is coming back from the "dark side."

Rich :?
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
373
Lizzy would be anyone's worst nightmare. Other than Joe's :wink: I was surprised that a mention was made first at a little known site and not a DPR. Are we going to change the secret handshake on a monthly basis?
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
35,147
Location
Arizona
Real Name
Chris
Flew said:
Seriously, I think that most of our current members *are* nice folks, and as long as we make that a criteria, we won't have to worry about misbehavior (OK, OK, except for Harris and Bill....;-)).

Frank
I think I might be in trouble here.

Y'all remember Lizzie's preincarnation, Ruggiero, the Italian accented troll? He said something like "Chris 101, he's-a not a nice person like-a Bill Dewey." Ever since then, being not as nice as Bill has been my troll goal.
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
15,253
Location
Marysville, WA
Chris101 said:
Flew said:
Seriously, I think that most of our current members *are* nice folks, and as long as we make that a criteria, we won't have to worry about misbehavior (OK, OK, except for Harris and Bill....;-)).

Frank
I think I might be in trouble here.

Y'all remember Lizzie's preincarnation, Ruggiero, the Italian accented troll? He said something like "Chris 101, he's-a not a nice person like-a Bill Dewey." Ever since then, being not as nice as Bill has been my troll goal.
I'a Justa Wanta Ita Knowa Thata Ima Nota Asa Nicea Aa Guya Asa Thata Billa Guya Eithera........

And I want you know:

1. that is really tough to type that way
2. I'm allowed since my Mother's maiden name was Boniface, Anglicized from Bonafazi

So, my parting word is "Fughedaboudit...." :wink:

I must say, though, that Ruggerio caught me good, oh yes, but that particular comment really made it quite obvious, and I'm sure I gave whoever that joker is a good laugh, at my expense :oops: , and in front of an International Audience..... :oops: :oops:. And thanks a lot for reminding me of that, in front of the whole bunch of folks, and bringing up what a jerk I was. I would just suggest that you watch your back, check wherever you sit, watch for whatever might be flying overhead. You just never know when, or when, or how, but I really AM NOT as nice-a as Lizzy/Ruggerio thinks I am....... :wink:

PS., to that Flew person. Pickin' on Harris and I again, eh? Just 'cause you run the place doesn't make you "special" you know.....
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
15,253
Location
Marysville, WA
Re: Hey Mike ...

Rich Gibson said:
Retief said:
Boobie Joe said:
We should go troll on them ... :twisted:
I would but I have no idea AT ALL, how one would go about such a thing. :wink:
Speaking of trolls. Has anyone heard of Ger Bee lately? Was he banned from DPR again? I wonder if he is coming back from the "dark side."

Rich :?
Last I saw he had returned as Ger Bonus, just so no one would know who he was.

Don't know if he is coming back, but I'll put up a bounty right now for anybody who invites him here :lol: :lol: :twisted:
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
373
He has been on DPR lately under another new name. I didn't mind him and Peter Phan so much as these newer trolls. At least they would debate and respond in a mindful manner even if there was disagreement (most of the time anyway). I knew Lizzy was banned but what I don't understand is why Mediocrity hangs in. I made at least 3 forum complaints to include one at the Canon forum where he made a crack that one of the members their should go see if his wife was having an affair. I thought that was totally inappropriate and documented the post to include the link in the complaint. Almost as if Phil as adopted him as a pet troll.
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
4,507
Location
Haverhill, MA
Man...

I must really be in disfavor with you guys.

Nobody even told me that there was a secret handshake or anything!

:oops:
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
15,253
Location
Marysville, WA
jfenton said:
Man...

I must really be in disfavor with you guys.

Nobody even told me that there was a secret handshake or anything!

:oops:
(Sssshhhhhhh, don't give it away, that IS the secret handshake, that there isn't one, see? Pretty tricky, huh? Just don't tell anyone else, OK?)
 
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
609
Location
Ottawa, Ontario
jfenton said:
Man...

I must really be in disfavor with you guys.

Nobody even told me that there was a secret handshake or anything!

:oops:
Just worry if someone says part of the handshake requires that you bend over. ;)

I still believe constantly talking about trolls gives them what they crave: attention.

Neil
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
33,092
Location
St. George, Utah
UncleFrank said:
greyflash said:
This is a genteel group, let's hope it stays that way.
It's genteel and civilized, but I'm hoping you're going to take off that coat and tie one day and relax a little :wink:
Ok Frank I have taken off the tie, drove around in my truck and have now settled in with a 300mm f2.8. You can't say I didn't listen. By the way my wife took my picture, her very first one.
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
994
Location
Alabama
greyflash said:
UncleFrank said:
greyflash said:
This is a genteel group, let's hope it stays that way.
It's genteel and civilized, but I'm hoping you're going to take off that coat and tie one day and relax a little :wink:
Ok Frank I have taken off the tie, drove around in my truck and have now settled in with a 300mm f2.8. You can't say I didn't listen.
Gordon,

You have to admit, you look a lot cooler.... 8) Gotta be more comfy too.... :wink:

Great lens choice BTW.... :D

Frank
 
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
15,059
Location
Los Angeles, USA
Larry Gleason said:
He has been on DPR lately under another new name. I didn't mind him and Peter Phan so much as these newer trolls. At least they would debate and respond in a mindful manner even if there was disagreement (most of the time anyway). I knew Lizzy was banned but what I don't understand is why Mediocrity hangs in. I made at least 3 forum complaints to include one at the Canon forum where he made a crack that one of the members their should go see if his wife was having an affair. I thought that was totally inappropriate and documented the post to include the link in the complaint. Almost as if Phil as adopted him as a pet troll.
I actually didn't mind Ger Bee so much, but Peter Phan, aka T3 is sooo annoying. At least Ger Bee posted pictures and had a website to look at. Peter Phan is completely anonymous and you have no clue what background he has. PP almost comes off as some viral Canon marketing troll. Ger Bee is just some bored Irish guy with too much time on his hands.

Dpreview sucks now, two years ago was the hey day. Back then I absorbed so much info, and questions were answered quickly and thorough. Now it's just too much rubbish. Before, you got to see what everyone was shooting, and learned everybody's technique. Man, when I had my D100 we tore that camera apart trying to understand every inch of that sucker. Now, there isn't that sort of in-depth examination. So sad. :cry:
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
35,147
Location
Arizona
Real Name
Chris
Yep. Every statement or question on DPR these days is argued in light of Nikon vs the world. Even simple 'how to' questions are met with scorn. Let's really try to keep this place friendly (and I promise I'll not start anything either :) )
 
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
609
Location
Ottawa, Ontario
Chris101 said:
Yep. Every statement or question on DPR these days is argued in light of Nikon vs the world. Even simple 'how to' questions are met with scorn. Let's really try to keep this place friendly (and I promise I'll not start anything either :) )
Who you callin' friendly, fella?!?


:D

I like the new avatar Gordon, but I think I preferred your coat and tie one. We needed someone around here showing a bit of class.

Neil
 

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom