1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Oh.....The Full Frame Disadvantage

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by this is me, Aug 22, 2008.

1. this is me

this is me

Feb 10, 2007
    MA
    102043306.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I must be getting good at this. Used only one swab, and two pass. Nice'n clean at f/22 now.
    btw, the picture is taken at ISO2000. What irony huh?

2. :smile:no idea what the post is about but hope the two huge black splotches are on the cloth.

3. Hmmm...

Maybe he cleaned is camera sensor.. with that sensor cleaner. :smile:

And I am guessing those black spots are blurred, punched holes in notebook paper. :biggrin:

I hope.

4. this is me

this is me

Feb 10, 2007
    MA
    You obviously are lucky enough to not have to clean your sensor. :wink:
    Those are holes from the white paper that I use to check my sensor.
    If you look at the picture and think about it more. everything on the desk is essentially tools for sensor cleaning. The Flash is used to exposed the white paper at f/22 and above. E2 is the cleaning fluid designed for sensor with ITO coating. And the sensor swab is to clean the sensor.

5. Nick I have not yet used wet cleaning and do understand the pic but not the post. btw despite being in the trades and having little fear of anything mechanical I have yet to get the nerve to wet clean. I do have one spot that only wet cleaning will resolve but for now when it shows up I clone it.
    Are you happy with that product? so many to choose from.
    glenn

6. this is me

this is me

Feb 10, 2007
    MA
    Glenn, this is the only wet solution product I've tried. So far, it works great. You just have to get over the fear of touching the sensor and try it a couple time with care.
    Wet solution is last resort, I usually use a rocket blower before I take out the E2.

7. Sensor cleaning is a joy of photographic commitment! :tongue:

8. Panopeeper

Panopeeper Guest

Either the OP or I have to be drunk. I don't see any connection between FF and dirty sensor, and even less between ISO and dirty sensor.

What is sure that "this is me" (no, it is not me) has no idea of either the sensor cleansing or its verification.

9. slappomatt

slappomatt

May 13, 2006
    San Diego CA
    from what I have heard especially from canonnites (who have had FF sensors longer than us) that FF sensors get dirty more often. not sure why. just seems to happen more. I have never yet wet cleaned. :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.