Oh the (non) Joy of ordering from the Nikon store

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Retief, Aug 10, 2017.

1. In replacing my camera from last Saturday I decided that I would order form the Nikon Store, especially after reading about the "expedited shipping" that NPS members get from the Nikon Store, per the web site.

I placed my order on Tuesday, called the store to ask how I got expedited shipping, not wanting to wait 3-5 days for ground if I didn't have to. Was told, "Sorry we don't do that". OK, I'll live with it.

Today I decided to check status since I had not seen anything about shipping, my order says "Processing" so I give the Nikon Store a call. What I did not know, and is not spelled out anywhere I can find including on my confirmation, is that Nikon goes through a "process" to verify the order, I guess. This can take 2-3 days. After getting through the first level who could not tell me anything other than they have this "process" I escalated to someone who was at least able to tell that it had gotten through "processing" but this person could not tell me when it would actually ship. My comment at this time was along the lines of "why should I ever buy from the Nikon store again?", I was told I'm not the only one who has complained. He is escalating to the Store Manager, of course she is already gone by now, the end of the day on the East Coast. I am supposed to get a call back tomorrow, should be an interesting conversation.

Just a cautionary tale of one man's experience with the Nikon Store. I should have known better ...

2. Unless it's something new and hard to get there's no reason to use NPS to buy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    I get my stuff from B&H....2-3 day free delivery. No hassle. Order on Monday, items received NLT Thursday, many times on Wednesday.

4. District Camera for me, hands down.

5. Amazon Prime. As good or better than anyone else's prices. Have it in two days.

6. nobody beats what we pay and we get personal service like a brick and mortar w/o leaving home
    So much better than b&h

7. Nikon store for the occasion budget refurbs - my 24-85VR was from there - less than $300, if I recall. Otherwise B&H.

8. Randy, I am not "using" NPS to buy. It shows on the NPS page an "expedited shipping" benefit, I figured why not give it a shot?

This post is not at all about "who to buy from", the caution is that the Nikon Store does not make this 2 day "processing" thing clear at all. Nor do they appear to honor other parts of the company. Rather bad policy I think. I sure have never heard of another online store that takes an extra 2 days to decide to ship once they have accepted your money, do you? Turns out I get home and find an email that just arrived that my order has shipped, with a tracking number. Of course I can't track it yet, which means that UPS may not even have the package at this time, just the paper work given that the email was sent after 6PM Eastern time.

9. Bill, have you checked your front porch? Nikon's left hand doesn't know what it is doing, let alone the right hand. When I've had repair work done, the lens/camera was back to me before Nikon even notified me that it was on the way :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: