ohh mama...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by RockACello, Aug 25, 2008.

1. so I'm here in New York to help move in my sister into NYU and today I made the obligatory stop to B&H to check out the 80-200 f/2.8 and the 70-300VR...

one problem; I'm in love with both but I'm leaning slightly for the 80-200 because I think it will suit my needs better...

but oh geez is that lens sweet!

2. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    how'd ya like it...?

kinda like Disneyland for camera gear..........

3. it was like going to disneyland! haha

I liked being able to hold the lens for myself though, definitely solidified my decision to go along with it. Unfortunately they didn't have any used examples otherwise I would've picked one up. Guess I'll have to save up or wait for a good used one to make an appearance.

4. BH is one of the best photo shops in the world, definately my first port of call whenever i visit NY, which will be on the 18th of sept. :)

i have the 70-200 VR but thinking long and hard about picking up the 70-300 VR this time around.

hope you get yours soon, nothing quite like shooting a 2.8 zoom

5. Interesting.

B&H was out of stock for the longest time. And, I had thought that Nikon was discontinuing this lens. At least that is what I was told.

mike

6. paulskimcb

paulskimcb

Feb 12, 2007
    Midwest
    I'm not sure my marriage would survive if i lived within driving distance of B&H...

7. it would sure make in more "interesting". we have a small nikon only shop here in london, called Grays of Westminster, it is torturous to go in there with all there new and used stock. they had the 58mm Noct there a month ago, it was hard taking the lens of my camera knowing i couldnt afford it. just a crying shame.

8. I keep randomly hearing this rumor and it is starting to worry me. haha I hope they don't discontinue it before December...

9. KEH has both the AF and AF-S versions of the 80-200/2.8 Marcello.

10. B&H is the Toys R Us for photographers and a VERY dangerous place if you either have cash or a line of credit. :wink:

11. Do you have a link? I was browsing through just a moment ago and I could find any... :frown:

Haha, I noticed. Surprisingly, I didn't walk out with anything except for an immense lust for the 80-200. It was nice to try it out though. I also got to play with the the D300 and D700. :eek: