ohhh!!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Dave Rosser, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Thought you might like to ooh and aah over this Chilean Flamingo chick - or not as the case may be. :smile:

At Slimbridge in the UK there is a captive flock of about 200 Chilean Flamingos who still think that they are in South America even though most of them were hatched in Gloucestershire and so don't breed till September :confused:

I keep mentioning Slimbridge and the WWT in this forum so here is a link to the trusts internet site so you can see what it is about.

http://www.WWT.org.uk/

2. Dave,
    Great picture of this little guy. Good to see you post again, been awhile.
    Dave

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Ooohhh, what a cute little guy!

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That's a very nice capture, Dave. The DOF is great with the water in the background. You also did well with the highlights. Job well done.

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. cute little fella, hope you'll post some shots as he grows into those legs..

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is a really great image.

Sooooo cute it is. :>)))

8. Beautiful shot :smile:
    Ugly or Cute is always in the eye of the beholder :biggrin:
    Love the pink highlights in the water I assume caused by the reflection off an adult

Rich

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Cute little guy Dave. I hope you can keep us updated as he grows up. :smile:

10. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent shot Dave. Great exposure.

11. He's adoreable!!! nice capture, really like the DOF as well. Nicely done :smile:

12. Now there is a challange, I'll see what I can do tomorrow, do you want Andean, Caribbean, Chilian, Lesser, Greater or James, :confused: actually I think I will go for the Chilian because thats what the little one is and there is a big flock of those at Slimbridge. Of course being the UK in the Autumn (Fall) it could be throwing it down with rain tomorrow. :mad:

13. Thanks to all for the comments. :smile: