Ohio Statehouse

On my drive back from Gettysburg, I stopped by the Ohio State Capitol in Columbus. Here are some images from that visit:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

5: I'm not a big fan of distortion

Thanks again for looking...
Glenn

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Simply inspiring! Too bad we don't have a photo of you getting one of your famous dome shots! Do you squat under the tripod? Lay on the floor under the tripod? OR......???? Inquisitive minds want to know!

Glenn

Your images are gorgeous. I think you should make it a project to get the state capitol domes of all 50 states.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very nice. No people?
Thanks Alex...I wait patiently for the floor to clear. Very frustrating at times!

All top notch. Really like 3, the doors.
Thanks Glenn!

You have an excellent eye for architecture. Screams professional.
Thank you, David

Another nice set Glenn! How do you usually handle white balance on these interior shots?
Thanks Steve! I usually grab the white balance tool in Lightroom and then point it at something gray in the frame--such as the stairs. It almost always does the trick.

Just gorgeous!
Thanks Lyndee

Simply inspiring! Too bad we don't have a photo of you getting one of your famous dome shots! Do you squat under the tripod? Lay on the floor under the tripod? OR......???? Inquisitive minds want to know!
Thank you, Karen...someone took a picture of my laying under the tripod on the floor while I was in Columbus. He said he would email it to me but hasn't done so yet. I position the tripod so that the camera is about two feet off the floor and then lay down and slide under it.

Glenn

Your images are gorgeous. I think you should make it a project to get the state capitol domes of all 50 states.
Thanks Dave...I am starting to think that getting all 50, or at least the lower 48, is a possibility. After all, I've already photographed many of the ones that have the most distance between them (North Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, New Mexico, etc.). I think I'll take a trip to the Northeast and finish quite a few of them very quickly!

Beautiful !
Thank you, Rob

Glenn

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom