Ohio Wildflowers

Real Name
Mike
Took advantage of our unseasonably warm (83°+ F) weather yesterday and spent a few hours out and about. It was very windy and I was more into enjoying the surroundings and the weather than I was into photography. Don't believe I quite did these justice, but thought I'd post them since I haven't seen these varieties posted yet.

Blue Cohosh

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yellow Trout Lilly w/Spring Beauty

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking. As always, C&C appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful pair Mike. Until I saw your Blue Cohosh, I didn't realize how awful the illustration was in my wildflower book. Thank you so much for sharing.

Real Name
Mike
Beautiful pair Mike. Until I saw your Blue Cohosh, I didn't realize how awful the illustration was in my wildflower book. Thank you so much for sharing.
Thanks Pam. I had to do some research to ID the Blue Cohosh. I hoped I had it right. :redface:

Very nice, Mike. I am not at all familiar with the first one, but very familiar with the second pair. In fact, that looks more like spring beauty than hepatica in the background. I took a very similar photo yesterday.

Real Name
Mike
Thanks Jim. Thanks for your input. The Blue Cohosh takes on a completely different look as it matures, according to my field guides. I ID'd this one from a pic on the DNR wildflower web page. I went back and forth on the ID of the second one. It's a little OOF and I think you are right about being Spring Beauty.

Real Name
Mike
Thanks Bob. Yea, the rain has taken it's toll on this area too. A lot of my daffodils are rather droopy today. The sun will bring them back though.

Real Name
Mike
Thanks Tom. I had a hard time IDing the Cohosh because of the color. I don't think I've ever really noticed it before, but it was everywhere in the woods I was in.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom