Oil and Wind

As promised I will post some Pictures of Esbjerg on the westcoast of Danmark.
A fairly new town, (200 years) its always been the North sea that set the pace, and it still is.
Its always been fishing, but now over the last twenty years or so, its offshore.
It started with Oil, and it is now both offhore oil and gas, and Wind energy

On the first picture they go hand in hand, an offshore rig is being upgraded on the left, and a German barge is loading and preparing a base for I believe a 6 megawatt windmill.

Those bases are placed directly on the seabed and are approx 40 mtr in height.

When placed, an other Vessel pictured on nr 2, comes and places the windmill on the base, I believe that the vessel in the picture is the biggest of its kind in the world, 50 mtr wide and about 150 meter long with 6 legs capable of raising the whole thing up about 30 meter over sealevel, and a crane that can extend til about 110 meter

Thanks for wathing and there will be more to come.
Nico

Umbrella session_10 06 13_5048_edited-1.jpg by Nicolaas C M, on Flickr

2013 02 14_2109_edited-2.jpg by Nicolaas C M, on Flickr

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This are beautiful pictures Nico.
Thanks Juan

Now i posted mostly because Rob started a session with harbour Pictures, I realize that I will not post with the same quality pictures, but I am mostly interested in the storytelling pictures have

I find that NC is a great way to travel the World.
Thanks for looking Juan
Nico

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Looking fine to me Nico! The most stunning for me is always that if you stand by those oil rigs, you realize hog big those things are.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom