OK, does anyone use DXO Elite?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by GonzoBernelli, Jul 25, 2007.

1. jcovert

jcovert Guest

The Elite version is just support for the higher-end cameras, but since I only own the D70, the Standard was all I needed.

DxO is like my little secret weapon. It intelligently enhances the pictures, and it does this in batch. SOLD! That's why you buy this program imho. If you want to tweak one image, and you want the most massive toolset to do it, then DxO is not for you. It is not Photoshop.

But it's ability to do ALL the work I need done on 95%+ of my images without me being present is PRICELESS. Thank goodness this app was cheap because I would have spent way more for it if I had to. For someone like me who takes and posts a lot of pics for the family, it's a complete lifesaver and makes the workflow a breeze.

Plus it's got all this other great stuff, which I believe is as high-quality as any other app, buy the hot selling point is really the auto conversions.

2. jcovert,

Thank you for sharing you experience.

3. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I use DxO and love it. I don't use it all the time because my Aperture-based workflow is faster, especially for events. However, for some jobs like interiors where I need the best distortion correction and lots of detail, it is great.

4. My dad was just telling me about this. How does it compare to Capture NX?

5. Nick,

I took a look at the Luminous Landscape review, and the interface is now quite different. There a lot of controls for image correcting and converting.

It doesn't necessarily eliminate Photoshop etc., but it does do what it does very well.

The batch conversion process, to jpg or tiff, or both is excellent.