OK, enough...

reading about missing avatars, colours too bright, "where are my old messages", "need a coffee first", etc etc etc, :smile: I'm heading back up north, to some quiet paddling, the calls of osprey and loons, pine scented breezes, dangle my tootsies in cool clear waters, fiery red sunsets, great wines.... no newspapers, no phones, no pagers, no clients!!!!
You all get yourselves sorted out here and see you in about 10 days...
This is my view for the next week or so, not bad, eh!!!???
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looks pretty good to me, especially since I'm hating what I'm working on right now. :cool:

Well, Frank, I've got over $5M worth of biz booked for September when I get back so I won't have one second to myself.... have to grab some time off now while the weather is co-operating and warm enough for all-day paddling....
Don't you just hate work when your heart's not in it... oh well, you'll get through it....
By the way, Frank, thanks to you and Patrick for all your hard work in making and keeping this Forum a great place... it doesn't go unnoticed...

J

jb007

Dear Ms ToLady,

May I respectfully ask to be considered for the position of "Sherpa", please, as advertised in your signature. Yes, I'm a few miles away, but in this age of the global village that shouldn't be a barrier to our joint venture now should it?Was I supposed to moan about coffee, the colour of your eyes, or whatever first? (Think may have mised an "in joke" here) Can't wait for our kayak trip if that scene is typical - have a fab time, look forward to seeing the pics (assuming I've now flunked the interview for "sherpa"?)

B

bfjr

Have a great time bring back some shots to share (know you will :biggrin: )

Jim.... 29 years old and into photography and kayaking?? YOU'RE HIRED!!! LOL I'll even cook the dinners !!! LOL (gee folks, I might not be back in 10 days! :wink: )
The "in joke" was referring to all the posts in this forum about the new look of the cafe, some are whining and bitching, some are High 5'ing and happy with it. I just wanna get back to photography!! LOL
Google Earth: 44.49592 -78.36777 See ya there!! and don't forget to eat your Wheaties - I've got a lot of equipment for you to haul!! LMAO

TOLady said:
Jim.... 29 years old and into photography and kayaking?? YOU'RE HIRED!!! LOL I'll even cook the dinners !!! LOL (gee folks, I might not be back in 10 days! :wink: )
The "in joke" was referring to all the posts in this forum about the new look of the cafe, some are whining and bitching, some are High 5'ing and happy with it. I just wanna get back to photography!! LOL
Google Earth: 44.49592 -78.36777 See ya there!! and don't forget to eat your Wheaties - I've got a lot of equipment for you to haul!! LMAO

Sandi,

You are definitely a hoot. :wink:

Do we need to find "Hoot Police" to go along with Gale's "Riot Police"???

Sandi, have a great 10 days off! You definitely deserve it. Look forward to seeing some fab shots when you return!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jb007

TOLady said:

Woweeeee! I'm game if you are your avatar thingy looks pretty good from where I'm sitting and you haven't even seen me yet, must get an avatar once I've worked out how to do it and yes I'll read the FAQ sometime. I wondered how you knew my age - then remembered the registration process requires that info for some strange reason first time for me wonder why they need it? Anyways how do I "sherp" or whatever the verb is when the kayak does all the hard work (you don't mean you get out to take pics, do you?) thanks for the nice reply really would like to join you!

Frank - Too short alive, too long dead - I'm making the most of my days these days! LOL

Thanks Kevin, yes I need the break.. but no.. I'll police myself - been doing that successfully for a few years now! :wink:

Jim, the birthday thingy is for just that - so we can all wish you happy birthday when your special day comes around... The sherping comes in when trying to get all photoraphy and kayakng stuff from cottage to boat! LOL And of course, someone to haul the picnic lunch from kayak to lookout rock!! LOL

Thanks Gordon, that's a pic with my little CanonSD300 which I keep at all times, mainly for doing videos. On top of that lone pine tree in the middle is an osprey nest and I could hear the calls echoing for a few miles - paddled over and found the nest - Mom Osprey was trying to convince the baby to fly from the nest to the trees on the right where she was situated. Wonderful to watch them swoop down low over the water... I love this area as a lot of the land is owned by the Ojibwa Indians and is not developed - totally raw Canadian wilderness.

Ibn

Awesome place to be (yeah, I'm jealous...). Have a great time out there and looking forward to all the great pictures once you get back.

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
have a ball Sandi and we will miss your wit and smile for a wee bit, but will be repaid in 10 days with loads of images. BTW I hope to have my avatar transformed when you return thatnks to your earlier obliging :^)

Thanks Eric, you must get north sometime to sample our great outdoors - a lot of wilderness still untouched here (and it's untouched on purpose - we want to keep it that way).

You're most welcome Dave. Always glad to help out the Forum Frogs!! LOL Take care on your weekend hiking/camping trips, try to drag along a camera if you can - some scenes can get you through a long winter when there's nothing to photograph!

Thanks Don. I still haven't looked at the pics of my last trip north for a week, then I came home to shoot a wedding for a buddy, and only zipped thru 872 pics quickly to cull. Looks like I've got a LOT of deskwork ahead of me after this sojourn into the wilderness! LOL Oh well, will keep me busy this fall and winter.

Truck's packed, food and wines loaded... see y'all in a while. Take care of each other. And don't forget to play nice, as Jarrell says! LOL

Sherpa for hire here! Looking at your equipment list, Sandi, I humbly offer my services.

Rob

There seems to be a slight misunderstanding going on here. Sherpas are estimable folk, gritty, hard, determined, capable of coping with extremes.
They are very proud of their heritage and skills.

BUT, they drink tea laced with Yak butter, deny all knowledge of shower gel or grooming products and have a propensity to display their broken teeth in moments of hilarity, which is often. So Sandi if you must go for a 'Sherpa', take plenty of soap and towels.

Latest threads

Top Bottom