Ok, I admit it - I need help!

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by greyflash, Nov 13, 2005.

1. As just an occassional visitor to this fora I admit that you all have peaked my interest. What is painting with light and what software is needed to do it. Is this something I can do with PS/CS????? Any help will be appreciated or just point me in the right direction.

2. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Gordon

PWL is a fantastic means of enhancing pictures created by Chip Springer.

I have just posted one today of a shot taken which was relatively drab - used PWL and it pops or comes to life.

PWL is a free download from atncentral.com.

However, the site has so much you will become addicted to processing.

Give it a look, download and install PWL into PShop and then see how you go.

There are tutorials in dpreview retouching. Just do a search there for PWL - you will be inundated!

Any oproblems, just post or e mail me and although of limited knowldege, I would be happy to help in any way.

Very best wishes..

Ray

3. Gordon, to add to what Ray has already said, you can also do PWL in a manual sort of way but creative and maybe even labor-intensive dodging and burning.

Searching the Retouching Forum at dpr will certainly keep you busy for a while understanding the techniques.

Good luck and let's see some samples when you've tried it out!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
  5. Thanks Ray and all for filling me in on what looks like a very interesting action. I have downloaded it and will give it a try.