OK> I'm a moron! Need Help installing a DK-2 Eyecup!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve S, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I was going to take my DK-2 off my D2H when I sold it, but forgot, so I ordered another, no biggie, right......except, the camera store put the that 1 on my D2H, so I haven't a clue!

I've got the original one off, np, but can't figure out the mounting sequence for this new setup. There's the glass eyepiece, the metal ring the original OEM piece of rubber was around, and the DK-2 eyecup. How do they go together? I can't seem to figure it out. Help!

2. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    flip the lever covering the viewfinder, unscrew the original piece, and follow the instruction coming with DK-2 :)

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    You mean the instructions I ignored & tossed aside?

Ok, thanks, got it, using the enclosed instructions :oops:

4. LOL No, you're not a moron. Me too, at first I was really feeling like a moron too. Actually it's very easy. I think everybodie's ogne through that :wink:

5. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Sorry, Steve - I know mentioning instructions is a bad form. Usually the problem is in that lever, as after blinding the viewfinder things are pretty straightforward.

6. I can't imagine being without my DK-2. Like I don't fog up the monitor cover enough on my D2H, I don't need to be any closer. CS Dayan