OK - I'm Stupid - Domke camera strap

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by dagored, Jun 27, 2005.

1. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    I just received my Domke 1.5 " wide non-slip camera strap. Now It came with 2 leather triangles with one horizontal and one vertical slit in at each end, they come off, and two split rings.

How do I use these with my D70? Maybe I don't and they are for other types of cameras. I feel stupid. Any explanation would be appreciated.

2. Carman, seems that nobody has that strap and so can't answer your question. Maybe you can post a photo of it and I think some people here would be able to figure it out.

3. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Thanks Phil,

Good idea, I will do that this weekend

4. OK Carman,

I have this strap on my old FM. This is to prevent brassing on the body at the strap attachments.
    I have tried to think of a way to explain, but it gets hilariously complicated, while it is so simple, really.
    I'll shoot a few pics of it tomorrow and will post them here.

5. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Frits,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

6. All right Carman, here we go:

Again, this was for the older 35mm cameras to prevent brassing around the body lugs (works beautifully!!).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So:
    - pass the camera strap lug through the vertical slit (of the leather triangle)
    - attach the round ring (only) to the camera lug
    - pass the strap through the round ring and the horizontal slit (of the leather triangle), then secure normally.

I hope this is clear :D :D

I do not use the leather patches with my D1x. The lugs are positioned differently and most of today's bodies are definitely not prone to brassing :D :D

7. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Thank you Frits,

Now I understand. However, the D70 has a long slot, not a round nub like the picture shows.

I will try this in a few minutes.

Thanks again