OK Maggie, Let's Do The Profile Now: 35-70mm f/2.8

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by TMR Design, Oct 2, 2008.

1. I was at a clients house yesterday doing some portraits against artwork that she had hand painted on her walls, and in the process we were interrupted by Maggie, who seemed to want to be involved.

She indicated that her left side was her good side and requested that I shoot some profiles of her, and I gladly obliged. I'm a sucker for a pretty face and smile. :biggrin:

The shot itself isn't anything that amazing but she's a cutie and I'm always so pleased with the results I get from the 35-70mm f/2.8 AF-D. It's sharp with wonderful color and contrast.

Shot with the D300 at 70mm, ISO400, f/4.5, 1/250s.

Here she is:
    [​IMG]

And here is a crop:
    [​IMG]

2. AWWWWWwwww . . . she's so sweet!

3. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Oh, yes. One of those dogs that just HOGS all the attention! Wonderful dog; I hope she repayed your patience with her interrupting your shoot with some face licks for you!

4. She certainly is, Rich :smile:

She loved the camera and didn't mind the flashes going off. She just took over the shooting area and wanted some ME time.

We did get some face licks but she still got the better deal with all the belly rubbing. :biggrin:

5. Is that the official Nikon Dog?

Very nice Robert. Great color, resolve, and background.

mike

6. PWPhoto

PWPhoto

Jul 21, 2006
    San Diego
  7. I absolutely love 35-70/2.8 threads. I would add a vote for the official Nikon dog!

8. Thanks Mike. Not sure if she is the official Nikon dog but she might humbly accept and be honored by the title. :wink:

9. itsmike

itsmike

Mar 2, 2008
    Greenlawn NY
    Great shot Rob! I miss my Old Golden.. She was a great Dog.. My Current Mule Rosie (Yellow Lab) is insane!

10. Hey Mike,

I love Golden Retrievers. If I was ever to get another dog, it would be a Golden. I had a great dog for 13 years. She was a mix of Retriever, Collie and German Shepherd.

11. Nikon 35-70 f/2.8

12. Hi ****,

I was tempted to get one of the new ones from B&H but at the time there was one that crossed my path from someone I knew that was selling a mint condition copy for a ridiculous price and I could not resist.

I truly love this lens and it suits me very well. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The only thing that's going to make me get rid of this lens would be when (and if) I get a copy of the 28-70mm f/2.8 or 24-70mm f/2.8.