OK, So I Didn't Steal This Lens...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bobbyv, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Shooting a D7200 I put a 1.7 tc on the newly acquired 300 2.8 VR1 and shot a few with Randy this morning at Merritt Island. The Reddish Egret was accommodating for sure...

1. Fresh caught Mud Minnow.
    1539r.jpg

2. Young Spoonbill near a popular hunting place.
    1539u.jpg

3. Florida Scrub Jay fluffing. This combo can yield some feather detail. The bird was 30 feet away.
    1539x.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. That's not what Randy says. . . . :D

3. All three are excellent. Hard for me to pick a fav between 1&3. Lens suits you just fine.

4. It works better for you than it ever did for Randy - - - just kidding Randy, but Bobby, these are stunners, love the Jay!

5. 480sparky

480sparky

May 27, 2013
    Cornpatch
    Stealing is such an ugly word. Creatively acquired sounds much better.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Allan

Allan

Apr 21, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    1 looks really good - lens? - processing?

7. Your smoking with that combo Bobby, great shots. Sure wish I was down there currently.

8. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    Those are beautiful shots, the color and detail is stunning. Is that the lens Randy was selling?

9. 'Recently re-distributed' is a coin of phrase I used to hear a lot in South Africa :). Enjoy that stellar lens, it seems you are already :)

10. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    nice set Bobby, glad it worked out, I hadn't used it in months

11. Thanks. 1.7 tc on the 300 2.8 VR1. The only processing I ever do is just crop for composition, and maybe some vibrance/curves. On this one I hit it with sharpening once. More of a crop than I'd prefer, but oh well...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  12. Evidently this combo works well for you. Congrats on your newly acquired toys.

13. Nice!! Enjoy the new lens.

14. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Glad to see it in use again! The 1.7 plays nice with that lens!

15. very nice shots..............

16. Thanks. Yeah, it's that one.

17. Better watch it - you keep posting pics like that and Randy is likely to want it back. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Thanks. I can out run him.

19. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    unless I have shoes on and you don't
    nah I'd still loose

20. There are very good bird shooters on this website and their images are usually stunning. Although I don't shoot birds, I really like viewing those images. A very good set Bobby. The light is also great in #1.