1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ok... Where are them D700 Pics, Show us what you got!

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by bokehmanedof, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Lets see them FF beauties.

I wont have mine till Wednsday :frown: So ill have to rely on you guys until then.:smile:

OK, Let the Show begin!

2. Hokum

Hokum

Jun 20, 2006
    Pennines UK
    ok wait a min or two i need to hex edit my raws to process them...

in the mean while...
    [​IMG]

Its a bit rubbish as i did it in view nx.

3. Hokum

Hokum

Jun 20, 2006
    Pennines UK
    Well i have to do a brick wall shot dont i? ;) 

Ok hex edited and ready here the whole wall
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2008
  4. Hokum

Hokum

Jun 20, 2006
    Pennines UK
    Edge of frame 100% crop
    [​IMG]

5. Very Nice Paul!

6. PWPhoto

PWPhoto

Jul 21, 2006
    San Diego
    more ;) 

7. yes, more please. :biggrin:

8. Very nice and good crop detail too... Woohoo!

9. is that the Kill Bill Girl?

10. Hokum

Hokum

Jun 20, 2006
    Pennines UK
    Hi all, glad you like them, yes the edge detail is good, i used my old 28-105 f3.5-4.5 at f8. Its a good walk about lens again!

Joey, yes i believe it is. I'm going to search for more of this "grafarti" i think the quality is fantastic.

11. 28-105 f3.5-4.5 at f8

Woohoo, I bought one of those when I had D3 plans last year, I had a feeling the lens would work just fine :) 

12. Hokum

Hokum

Jun 20, 2006
    Pennines UK
    Andy, the 28-105 always has been a good lens, its great on DX for a walk about macro but the 28mm was too narrow for landscape/WA work. On FX it's about the same as the 18-70mm but you have great macro still 1:2 which with a little tube is 1:1.

I'm just off out to my nature reserve so expect some wildlife images soon. (though i'm not taking the bunker buster just the 300mm and 28-105.

13. Good to hear, I got this one planning ahead, actually I love the results on DX too and bought purely on reputation from its film days - I thought it would work fine, but you can never really tell on FF DSLRs.

From that corner crop I have no worries at all. Now where IS that Parcelforce van...

Funnily enough I want to try this lens more than my 14-24 in same ways, as I always love the results :) 

14. Hokum

Hokum

Jun 20, 2006
    Pennines UK
    Its an odd lens Andy, No ED elements, no fancy coatings, just a good simple element arragement. It can be prone to a little CA in extreme contrast areas though, but it will likely be less evident than it was on the D2X due to the lower pixel density.

15. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    I want that wall

16. 28-105 may need to be the party/vacation lens. Wonder if Nikon will ressurect a good FX walkabout?

17. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    We need a fixed ap walkabout. 24 or 28 - 105 or 120. f4 or 2.8. The D700 just doesn't seem right without one.

18. Hokum

Hokum

Jun 20, 2006
    Pennines UK
    I'm happy with the non fixed 28-105, it costs buttons and its a bloody good lens too. But there is sample variation in the 28-105. Not all are good, but most are. I've had mine since i went to nikon about 4 years ago.

19. PWPhoto

PWPhoto

Jul 21, 2006
    San Diego
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.