Okay..all fixed...what do you think?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rocketliv, Aug 23, 2008.

1. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

okay so I have worked with the photos from the shoot that I wasn't happy with and posted them, what do you think? I haven't shown them to the client yet. Thank you everyone who helped me in the previous post! I really appreciate it and believe it or not I did take notes for later since I know I won't be able to find that post after a few days!

http://www.rocketliv.com/astark8218.html

2. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Liv, you caught some great expressions here!

3. Gorgeous shots. I'd shop out the the wild hair on top of Dad's head ! Otherwise nice!

4. You've got some really great shots there. Parents should be very pleased. Throwing in my 2 cents . . . I find the sharpening to be a little much, especially around the eyes. It might help to back off until it looks more natural.

5. Liv,
    well done
    nice "fixes."

6. aos111

aos111

Mar 9, 2008
    little rock ar
    Liv,

Thought the shots came out well. As to finding that post go to thread tools, click on subscribe to this thread and you'll have access to that post thread through the user cp link or quick links.

Andy

7. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    Very nice shot and I like your site.

Just have one quick comment about the site. Where are you? No where on your site do you say where you are. If someone comes across your site by way of a search then they may not know.

8. DamonS

DamonS

Aug 18, 2008
    Idaho Falls, ID
    Cute pics. I think you should leave the duck, its nice to see what has such a hold on his attention.

Should probably put contact info somewhere on your website so someone passing by at random will know where you are.

9. Nice, a very consistent style.

A couple of black spots to the left of his head (part of the scene, I believe) in 02 and 03 that are a bit distracting.

10. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

Thank you everyone! She loved the pics! Okay, let me try and respond in one post...

Miriam the over sharpening was to fix a slight blur in my pics. I didn't do a very good shoot that day! Eek!

Oh my gosh! I cannot believe I don't have contact info on my site!! haha, thank you everyone who pointed that out. I threw up the site about a month ago because one of my friends kept recommending me and I thought it would be good to have a professional site with prices so I didn't have to continue doing freebies! But I guess location would be helpful!! D'oh!

Nick- I will go look for the black spots.

Jim- I didn't see the wild hair, I will go look! I took a ton of family pics and those three were sadly the best ones. The kiddo was not in a happy mood! I will fix the hair!!

Spalding...greg? Thank you for all your help!! I really appreciate it!

Damon- that duck is so ulgy! hahaha

Andy- thank you for the subscribed thread. I will go try that now.

11. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I think you did a great job. I sent you a PM please look at it.

12. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

just replied Seneca!! :)

13. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Thanks for letting work on it. This collage makes me money. It's really big tho - 20x30

STARKcopy.gif

14. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

That is fantastic! 20 by 30! Wow! Is it 20 by 30 framed or is the print 20 by 30!?

15. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    20x30 framed.

16. Pesto126

Pesto126

Apr 13, 2006
    Northeast USA
    Nice shots...

I'd suggest correcting one thing though - the shots with the baby sitting with the grass (AStark_03 and AStark_02) have a large dark spot on them which I would suggest cloning out with the heal brush in photoshop... must have been something on the grass (or a huge dust speck.. :) ) - it is a bit distracting I think.

Thx for sharing..

17. I thought your originals looked great, except that they needed the normal sharpening that almost all digital picture require. This is what I meant:

original.gif

I used an unsharp mask of 150, .5, 0, then fade filter until it looked right. I also did an haze-reducing unsharp mask of 20, 60, 0 and faded that until it looked right. Finally I added a little saturation and lightness to the blue in those beautiful baby blue eyes.

18. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

eeek, ok I see the black spots, I will correct them! Thank you!

Miriam, that is amazing. I wrote down all your steps and will work with them. Thank you!

19. My pleasure, Liv. Feel free to contact me if I can help.