1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Oktoberfest '08 - Argent - 300 F4 & 50 F1.8

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by Argent, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Alrighty - I'll be back again (this time I won't be selling my camera during the challenge I promise!)

Since we can dual prime this one I'll be using both the 300 F4 from the last challenge - along with the Nifty Fifty F1.8 that I've picked up since then.

Should make an interesting compare/contrast

As for bolt-on's - I'll be doing the 1 a day for the month, and will try to post 1 a day from EACH lens (as best as I can) this should give me quite the stretch of my abilities....

Game on...

2. Makes things easier I suppose :biggrin:

3. sahlstrom

sahlstrom

Dec 6, 2007
    Sweden
    Tip: Don’t crash it either…

4. Alright - rainy and overcast do not equate to shooting outdoors - but I tried anyway :) 

first off...

50mm F1.8 1/8000 ISO1000
    What weird crazy bokeh!
    50_01.

300mm F4 1/3200 ISO1000
    I found this bee 'hanging' from the bottom of this queen ann's lace - turns out he was dinner for the spider I didn't see!
    View attachment 258960

5. Both cool shots, but I really like the bee shot.

6. Paul - nice shot of the thistle....but you are right....bokeh is not / was not the strong suite of the 50 1.8 as I remember it. This is one place where the 50 1.4 does better.

As to the bee...that'll teach him to pig out and lose his attention!

7. Very cool pictures. Very well done !

8. Paul, the bee is not hanging by itself! A spider has got it LOL. Whew, that is a catch. Good shooting.

9. Fantastic! Both of them!

10. Cool shots. I love the colors on #1, but the bokeh really isn't too pleasing.

11. Number one is nice. But number two is really cool.

12. sahlstrom

sahlstrom

Dec 6, 2007
    Sweden
    Two great shots! But the first one was best!

13. well day two and I've already fallen off the wagon - rain has kept me from being able to go outside to shoot much (suprised I snagged this one) so no 300mm shot for Oct 2nd - just this 50mm..

50mm F4 1/3200 ISO1000
    50_02.

14. Shows the dark rainy mood of the sky. Sunny today. Yay.

15. Yeah it was pretty yucky the last few days - supposed to be sunny and mid 50's the whole weekend though!

That sign was hidden in the weeds next to the bike path across the street from my apartment....

Tomorrow - my car club goes to Hell! (Hell, Michigan that is) so I should have plenty of images tomorrow!

16. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    I like this one, the clouds look very dark and ominous and the dead weeds look peerfect in front of them

17. sahlstrom

sahlstrom

Dec 6, 2007
    Sweden
    Liked this one a lot! Captures very nicely my feeling of autumn.

18. I, personally, LOVE the bokeh in the first one.
    GREAT catch in the second one!
    And the third one, well, I like this one just as much as the others, but I REALLY love the sky in this one.

19. Yes, the sky in the last one is impressive.

20. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    It does have a dark ominous feel to it, screaming to me to be a contrasty B&W. The OOF object that juts high into the sky has my full attention.Its not to say that it distracts, but for me adds to the intrigue of overall shot. It works in harmony with the sign and the weeds to further drive home the point of... Stay away.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.