Oktoberfest '08- Charles => Fireman's son - Nikkor 60/2.8 Micro and Nikkor 180/2.8D

As discussed with the moderators a while back, my 11 yo son Charles cannot become a member of this forum yet but he has obtained the permission to post under my own handle as long as he identifies himself properly. This challenge will be a great way to make us both shoot together and he has decided to join us.

I will be supervising both the pictures he will be posting and the comments he will be making in this thread and elsewhere in this forum. If, for some reason, you feel he is not conducting himself properly, please do not hesitate to PM or email me directly so I can take the appropriate measures immediately.

Charles we'll be shooting with a prime pair too. He'll be using the Nikkor 60/2.8 Micro and the Nikkor 180/2.8D during the whole month.

Bolt-on: Being in school and daylight being shorter and shorter every day, Charles will also take the 30 pics for the month bolt-on. He might take other bolt-on along the way.

From now on, this is Charles' very own thread and he'll be the one managing it.

Charles! Welcome on board. I'm also shooting with the 180/2.8 (and a 10.5/2.8), and am very interested in seeing your pics.

Charles,

Looking forward to your shots. I loved the 180/2.8.

Craig

Thanks, guys :smile: . I've been waiting a long time to join you all, and a challenge could be fun to try, so I'm all worked up about this one :biggrin: .

The 180/2.8 is a remarkable thing, got great shots with it, and I hope to be taking even better ones after this experience.

Charles

Took a trip with dad around Notre-Dame de Mont-Carmel yesterday, and I ended up with some nice shots :biggrin: .

Picture 1
DSC_5663.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Picture 2
DSC_5670.jpg

Picture 3
DSC_5691.jpg

Picture 4
DSC_5700.jpg

Picture 5
DSC_5825.jpg

Picture 6
DSC_5828.jpg

Picture 7
DSC_5830.jpg

All these photos were taken with the 60/2.8. Would appreciate comments and recommendations.

Charles

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone has dad's talent I see. And you are using my 60/2.8 lens! Neat.

From bottom to top, *I would like to see yellow leaf all in focus, the center has little interest. *Texture on the rock almost makes it seem like another world. Nice. *Another yellow leaf, just okay. *Red leaf is wonderful, beautiful color and the leaf is perfect. *The veins on orange leaf are interesting and well done. *The green fern leaf is very interesting and I like the perspective. *#1 you get five stars. I love it. One eeeny weeny favor - clone out the bit of leaf on the top right which is distracting. Then print it out and hang it up. Congrats on your first submissions, can't wait to see more.

Took a trip with dad around Notre-Dame de Mont-Carmel yesterday, and I ended up with some nice shots :biggrin: .

DSC_5663.jpg

Splendid light on this one, Charles. You're off to a great start! If it were mine, I'd clone out the tiny tips of leafs at the top of the frame, to keep the viewer's eyes from being lured away from the primary subject.

Someone has dad's talent I see. And you are using my 60/2.8 lens! Neat.

From bottom to top, *I would like to see yellow leaf all in focus, the center has little interest. *Texture on the rock almost makes it seem like another world. Nice. *Another yellow leaf, just okay. *Red leaf is wonderful, beautiful color and the leaf is perfect. *The veins on orange leaf are interesting and well done. *The green fern leaf is very interesting and I like the perspective. *#1 you get five stars. I love it. One eeeny weeny favor - clone out the bit of leaf on the top right which is distracting. Then print it out and hang it up. Congrats on your first submissions, can't wait to see more.

Thanks Birgit. I shall keep those little details in mind.

I LOVE number 4.
I just love that shot AND that color!

Thanks Rebecca. The red leaf really comes out, must be one of my best ones yet.

Splendid light on this one, Charles. You're off to a great start! If it were mine, I'd clone out the tiny tips of leafs at the top of the frame, to keep the viewer's eyes from being lured away from the primary subject.

Thanks Frank. I shall have to pay more attention to those distracting parts.

Charles,

Nice composition of the leaf shots. Good work.

Craig

Thanks Craig.

Composition on #1 is wonderful, and I also like #3 quite much. You are using the lens well.

Thanks Jani.

Charles

You are off to a great start! #1 is my favorite. I like the light and I like the line.

Thanks KayB.

great colours and really good images so far Charles welcome aboard and enjoy yourself

Thanks for the encouragement, David.

Very nice, Charles. Are you sure you are only 11.

YES, I am sure!! :biggrin: Thanks Terri.

Picture 4 is great! Nice and warm colors. But a bit more DoF should make it even better

Thanks Fredrik.

Charles

Latest threads

Top Bottom