Oktoberfest '08 - Hamel - Prime Player - Nikon 50mm f/1.8, Nikon 10.5mm f/2.8

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by Hamel, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Hamel

Hamel

Jan 16, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2008
  2. Too bad you got the 50mm... I would've loved to see a full month with the fish! I'm not brave enough to do it myself :biggrin: (My pair is 180/2.8 & 10.5/2.8)

3. Hamel

Hamel

Jan 16, 2007
    Boston, MA
    October first. Not a fan but the only one that semi-turned out they way I pictured it.

2906115442_43fd4f5c49_b.

4. Who'da thunk? Snow in Ocober! :biggrin:

5. That's a great shot. I know it's IR, but it looks like snow and ice. Very cool.

6. IR produces some really bizarre photos that look like an ice world. Neat.

7. Cool picture. I like it a lot. Must try IR some day.

8. Hamel

Hamel

Jan 16, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Thanks everyone. I like IR so far. It is only my third day with the filter so I hope the photos will improve as this month goes on. I'm having a lot of issues with the sky though.

9. KayB

KayB

Aug 17, 2007
    Puyallup, WA
    Phew, for a minute I thought it was snow...I'm relieved you are shooting IR...I'm not ready for winter yet! I like the effect. I would like to see that same shot at a little slower speed to get more blur in the water. I'm looking forward to seeing your images this month...don't think I've ever seen a whole month of IR!

10. Hamel

Hamel

Jan 16, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Don't worry, I'm not ready for winter either. I may go back and try different angles later on through the month. The whole month won't be IR, I don't have that kind of dedication... However, I am pretty sure all my shots with the 50mm will be IR. We'll see how that works.

11. I hope there won't be that much snow during the challenge :biggrin: I like the shot. Not probably the best ever, but still nice.

12. Nice shot. That IR thing seems interesting.

13. sahlstrom

sahlstrom

Dec 6, 2007
    Sweden
    Nice shot! IR seems very interesting, so you have to produce some more ir-shots during this month

14. Hamel

Hamel

Jan 16, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Thanks. I bailed on yesterday but I more than made up for it today with both lenses. Some of you may recall from the April Fools challenge that I have a passion for abandoned buildings and things of that sort. Today I took a trip down to an abandoned state hospital but was cut short due to lack of daylight and leaving the flashlight in the car... Anyways, here we go for the second and third.

One with the fisheye.
    2910640145_d2a33c108d_b.

Along with one from the 50.
    2910644537_f3e24e48c1_b.

15. Good to see you back this month. I like the IR shot (note to self...... must try IR) and the two from the abandoned hospital are very good too. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff as the month progresses

16. Great shots! I'm eagerly waiting to see more from you.

17. First of all, I'm a SUCKER for IR images. I LOVE them.

And the first shot of your second image post.
    It made me gasp. It's AWESOME.

18. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    that first shot is amazing, I look forward to seeing your IR shots throughout the month.

19. Mmmm . . . Lead paint! Fabulous.

I like the door. I would never think to frame this way, but when I see something like this I always say to myself, "see, you need to reinterpret your preconceived notions of composition."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.