Oktoberfest '08 - Reignmkr - 85/1.8 & 10.5/2.8

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by reignmkr, Sep 28, 2008.

1. This is going to be very interesting yet exciting for me.

I am going to challenge myself to use my 85mm 1.8 to shoot something or someone other than my children unlike what I did with my July Challenge.

In addition, I plan to also use my 10.5/2.8 Fisheye. It just doesn't get as much love as it should be.

Thanks in advance to all your postive responses as well as constructive criticism. Good luck to everyone! Let's get it started.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2008
  2. Looking forward to your pics as I am a big fan of the 85 1.8.

3. I did the April challenge with this pair. Was great fun. Now I changed the 85/1.8 to 180/2.8.

4. Looking forward to them Randy :smile:
    All the best

5. Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence. Here's two just because I know I won't be able to post daily. I'm the Yearbook Advisor for my K-8 school. One of the student's father works at Adobe in the Bay Area and donated Lightroom 2! Score!

2905521347_9da37ef484_b.jpg

2906355732_ce482b991f_b.jpg

6. KayB

KayB

Aug 17, 2007
    Puyallup, WA
    Thanks for sharing a view from your classroom! Its fun for me to see other teacher's rooms. Interesting effect with the fisheye.

7. Very well handled fisheye shot. A good start.

8. Excellent colors. Very vivid. I like the fish-eye effect.

9. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Awesome, Randy! Glad you've chosen the fish eye! :biggrin:. Both very colorful shots.

10. Nice to see how that fisheye can be used. Thanks, Randy.

11. sahlstrom

sahlstrom

Dec 6, 2007
    Sweden
    Nice fish image! And a great start of October

12. I down right loathe chalkboards! More power to all the "old school" teachers out there with chalky fingers and chalk dusted lungs. :biggrin: Introducing my "A" wall. It's so rewarding when students ace a big Spelling test.

p706438966-4.png

13. Randy,

I really like this. Wonderful composition and I really like the multicolored clips.

Craig

14. How are your students supposed to shoot spitballs and paper airplanes if you don't turn your back on them to write on the chalk board?

I absolutely LOVE the color in this!

15. lmorgan

lmorgan

Jun 27, 2008
    NCentral IL
    ROFL! Fond memories of school.

I love the color clips. Great capture!

16. Chalkboards are fun and squeaky. I guess they don't exist anymore? I love the pics of your classrooms, and so many "A's".

17. Congrats on your good results - as a teacher and as a photographer.
    Nice colorful clips, nice control of dof and the upper left corner of the chalkboard, which I found distracting at first, helps to define the subject, so now I think it has to be there.

18. Careful, Rich. You might have to serve detention after school. :eek: Thanks for comments.

19. Thanks Frank. I'm glad you caught the frame of the chalkboard. I was going to crop it out, but I thought it completed the composition. I appreciate your attention to detail. I wish I could do that ALL the time.:cool:

20. Hey Birgit! It's just like July, eh? Maybe not weather-wise but the feeling of getting a good capture everyday is very familiar. You get an A in my book as well. Have a great weekend!