1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Oktoberfest 2008- djh63- Nikkor 85/1.8

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by djh63, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Looking forward to the month of shooting with you all and I hope to be able to contribute some worthwhile photos. I plan on shooting every day but I realise already that I will not be able to post every day- I also plan to post only in b+w (just for Gary :wink:)  and in square format. Have fun and good luck!!

2. I'm sure you'll post plenty of worthwhile photos as usual David! Great to be playing together again.

3. Thanks Jani- good to see you and some of the other regulars here too. I'm looking forward to the month, but as I work in the financial markets I could do with a little less action in the office......... that might allow me to concentrate more on taking a photo or two!!
    Good luck to all of our players- have a great Oktoberfest :smile:

Here is my first... original.

85mm 1/90 @ f1.8 ISO 800

4. i really like this, i might crop some of the dead space at the bottom but a good start

5. To be honest, I don't get it. If I would know where it was shot and who the people are/what they are doing/etc. things might be different. Now all I see is two pairs of legs hanging from nowhere on top of nothing.

Do you have a title for the shot? It might help.

6. This works nicely in B&W.

7. I don't know how the markets have been behaving on your side of the pond but I find you picture very powerful. Less is more they say !

Well done.

8. I'm not sure. I'm drawn to look at it, but I can't say what it is.

(There are butts in it though :wink:) 

9. sahlstrom

sahlstrom

Dec 6, 2007
    Sweden
    I found it sort of interesting. Nice start

10. I did manage to shoot a few frames yesterday, but I was quite late home and am now up early to sort a few things out.......

original.

85mm 1/125 @ f1.8 ISO 1600

11. David,

That's pretty cool. Nice perspective.

Craig

12. Seems to be in some kind of vehicle going downhill?

13. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    first shot screams dispair. 2 lone souls hang around after the melee...
    the anonymity of them by shooting only the feet adds to it I think, but then again Im told I look to deep into things.....Call me a dime store philosopher

The second is one of those moments that might not be interesting in the moment but manuplated by the camera and frozen it time it becomes a shot that makes others go "hmmm....."

Well done, nice start to the month.

14. lmorgan

lmorgan

Jun 27, 2008
    NCentral IL
    I like the journalistic feel to it - makes you think.

15. This awakens in me a fear of flying. I try to keep in check, however, because I love traveling.

16. Nice fragment of the daily routine on the commuter train, I suppose.

17. Thanks Gary- I agree apart from the fact that I want to post square images only this month....... by cropping too much more I feel that I would lose something worthwhile

No title Jani- it is just about what is left behind after the party is over

Thanks Craig

Many thanks J-P

Thanks Birgit

:wink:

Thanks Fredrik

Thank you Craig- I was leaning out into the aisle of the train last night on the way home and shot this one

Just in the train Birgit- but I was not very level :wink:

Thanks Tim- and thanks again for hosting this month.

Thanks Leslie- that was the idea

Uh-oh!! It is only a train!! :redface:

Genau!!

18. We have a very enthusiastic group- thanks for visiting and leaving your comments. I do really want to hear what you think! Apologies that I haven't done a tour of all of the other threads yet, but I will endeavour to put that right over the weekend......... now I am just craving sleep.

The next

original.

85mm 1/250 @ f/1.8 ISO 800

19. Is the driver asleep or is he just thinking: "Look, mom, no hands!"

Oh, and I want one of those tickets for everything.

Nice shot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.