Old Administration Building Fresno, CA

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by shebreathes, Jul 2, 2008.

1. shebreathes

shebreathes

Jun 16, 2008
    California
    Hi everyone :) 

The Old Administration Building at Fresno City College is under renovation to bring back part of the colleges history. The photography department was able to walk around inside before construction got under way. It was incredible and creepy all at the same time. These are just a few shots.

broken_small.

headoftheclass_small.

losteducation_small.

misplaced_small.

seatsfor10_sepia_small.

myseat_small.

the_secret_small.

2. nags

nags

Jan 30, 2008
    S. Florida
    very nice. I like the auditorium shot.

3. First image does it for me. The lighting is fabulous!

4. Great series. Looks haunted. Yeah, creepy is an apt description.

5. ghursh

ghursh

Jul 3, 2007
    Gilbert, AZ
    very cool

6. Wonderful imagery Michelle. All your shots are great.

God Bless,
    David

7. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Michelle,
    These images don't really say "creepy" to me... There is more of a somber, sad feeling I get.

To know that once this was a place alive with young minds, ready to learn, eager to get out and experience life. I guess, lonely would be a good way to describe it.

I think you did a great job capturing a mood. I love the lighting and cool tones...

The weakest in my opinion would be the last one. I think it lacks the continuity of theme that the others have. It (again, in my opinion) doesn't really fit.

Wonderful job! Very nice.

8. Great composition, you have a wonderful eye. Do you have a website? I would love to see some more of you're work :) 

9. very nice shots, michelle
    you are right about it being CREEPY
    you did a great job of portraying that sense to the viewer

well done

10. Wow! Such an appreciation for the dignity of an old place! Love how you captured the feeling of age and neglect and the promise of a future (that last shot)!

11. shebreathes

shebreathes

Jun 16, 2008
    California
    Hello!! my website is http://plasticastle.com thank you for showing an interest in my work. :) 

12. thrdprophet

thrdprophet

May 13, 2007
    Modesto, CA
    Nice shots wonderfully composed and framed.

These shots reflect frenso very well... dark, eerie, moldy... not very pleasant... lol

13. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Very nice series, Michelle. The lighting in your 1st is exceptional.

14. These pictures are excellent! Are you in the photography department at that college? If so, they must be doing something right. And the photos on your website are pretty amazing, too.

Kristin

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.