Old Aeroplane

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Baywing, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Replica WW1 era trainer, AVRO 504K over Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome

2. THAT IS GREAT!!! Thanks so much for sharing this picture. There is an old war planes museum just south of Huntsville, Alabama in Guntersville. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

3. Neat plane with good detail. Is this an actual photo or was the plane placed in the background? The reason I ask is that the lighting looks different on the two.

4. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    No fake, it's the real thing. Often, the light is different in the background than on the plane due to variations in the haze and overcast. I never had much control over the conditions, when they asked me if I wanted to go up, I'd grab my gear and go!

5. Looks like you just earned your first assignment. Grab your camra and go shoot those planes! Let's see them! :p

Rich

6. I have always wanted to check out that museum. It is only 30 minutes away. Mmmmmmmmm.....sound like that would be a good father/son outing. That will give Momma some "MommaTime" and give Dad some points!!!!

THANKS RICH, I will!!! :D :D :D :D

7. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    You can never have to many post with acft in them. Great looking shot.

8. I agree Todd. I just wish there were more of them in this forum!!! :D :D :D :D :D

9. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Aircraft has always been a passion of mine. My dad had a Cessna 170 taildragger for several years. What a lot of fun.

WWI aircraft have always facinated me. From the Curtiss Jenny, to the FoKKEr DR's I love them all.

I really want to see more.

Need to take a trip to the WWI museum again like Bryan said in Guntersville.

Thanks,

10. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Thanks, folks. I'll be sure to put up a few more!