Old and in desperate need of an umbrella

My next-door neighbor's sunflowers

Mike 2021-09-16--0006-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

For me that is not an ordinary sunflower shot Mike. Your beautiful image conveys the feel of sadness which comes in autumn. You know...the rains start, the summer flowers die and the nature gets ready for the winter sleep. So, for me it is a very beautiful and emotionally impressive image. And photographically , a very succesful shot with a great composition and exposure.

A belated thank you to Connie, dossy and Jim!

For me that is not an ordinary sunflower shot Mike. Your beautiful image conveys the feel of sadness which comes in autumn. You know...the rains start, the summer flowers die and the nature gets ready for the winter sleep. So, for me it is a very beautiful and emotionally impressive image.

Everything you described is what I saw in the scene before I photographed it. Thank you for that comment and all your comments about my photos!

Thank you also to Allan and Andy!

These flowers are no more. They were hanging above a fence in a row of plants about 20 feet long. That was until the squirrels removed the flowers from the stems and devoured the inside of the seeds. The plants appear as if someone had run a weed wacker along the railing to slash through the stems. The squirrels quickly opened the seeds, ate the meat inside, and left the opened shells on the railing. My neighbor then removed the dead flowers the squirrels had left on the railing.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom