1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Old BAMC - HDR

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by asphoto, Aug 7, 2009.

1. asphoto

asphoto

Aug 18, 2007
    Cibolo, TX
    I have been working in this buiding since 2005 and have took many photos of it but finally decided to do a HDR with some character. I tried many different versions and came to like this one. Some of my coworkers feel the sky is demonic but I think it is fitting due to the buildings past.

The vegetation and clean look of the building gives you a feeling that the building is still much alive but the sky suggests it may have some what of a dark or mysterious side. Old BAMC was where many WWII patients recovered from their wounds both mentally and physically. Some still say voices and screams can be heard and some say they have seen ghosts. I personally have not heard or seen these phenomenon but I think this makes the sky fitting. I plan to do another one with a friendlier sky later. Enjoy!

hdr1_6x4_tilt.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. CoOokie

CoOokie

May 4, 2008
    Poland
    I like it Allen. My HDRs are also done in similar way - surrealistic one can say ;)  I want to see more of your HDR shots! :) 

3. Sorry but no. Hate overdone garish HDR. I do not know what is it with this fad. Those greens are unnatural and the sky is nuts. Sorry, maybe that's just me.

4. asphoto

asphoto

Aug 18, 2007
    Cibolo, TX
    I usually don't go for this style but because of the buildings history I felt the surrealistic style best told the story. The building was a hospital and during WWII it housed a lot of the wounded and had a physiatric ward, some say they here noises and have seen ghosts. I felt the sky represented the mysteriousness of the building and the saturated foliage shows the building is still alive giving a sense it is still used. The building itself, I wanted to accentuate the architecture since it is a historic building and has amazing architecture.

5. Little over done for me. But seems like a great place to work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.