Old Barn [alternative versions added]

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by MrDalgof, Apr 9, 2007.

1. MrDalgof

MrDalgof

Apr 6, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    [Edit: I'm getting into the realm of a different forum with this now, but I've added two different versions of this shot to show lesser amounts of blur.]

This is more processed than what I usually do. After converting this to BW, I applied a Gaussian blur to all but the structure.

I realize this may not be to the taste of some and so any comments are most welcome.

1. original with the greatest amount of blur
    [​IMG]

2. about half the blur as above
    [​IMG]

3. no blur
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2007
  2. Broyer

Broyer

Apr 26, 2006
    North Carolina
    I like it but the blur is a little too much. Leave the blur, but back it off just a touch and I think you would have a winner.

3. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I agree with Tim. I think the blur is a bit too much. I love the barn but want to see the trees better!

4. MrDalgof

MrDalgof

Apr 6, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    Thanks for the comments, Tim and Terri. I'll put together a few versions with lesser amounts of blur - which I should have done from the start...

5. Well Chris, I really like it, it make the barn really pop out. but if you tone it down please post it

6. MrDalgof

MrDalgof

Apr 6, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    Thank you, Raul. Getting the barn to pop out was my aim. Number two seems more like natural DOF, but as it turned out, I rather liked the exaggerated effect in number 1. Number 3 just seems rather bland to me.