1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Critique Old Chevrolet Pickup Truck

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Mike Buckley, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Mike 2018-10-10--1472-S.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mike 2018-10-10--1473-S.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Beautifully captured and processed, Mike!

Is the plate an indication this car is still operational?
    (if we don't send in a plate, we're still charged road tax)

3. Thanks, Bart! The license plate doesn't indicate that the car is operational; it only indicates that it's legal to operate the car on the road if the plate is current. I don't know New York laws, so I don't know how to tell whether the license plate is current.

4. menbrial

menbrial

Apr 30, 2006
    colorado
    All tires are in good shape I bet this car runs

5. Nice job with a very interesting subject. I like the composition of the first image. Strong B&W conversion.

Glenn

6. Dudley5854

Dudley5854

Nov 1, 2018
    Hi Mike,
    Nice to see black and white car as most are in color. Has a feeling of Time past to me. Sets a mood.

7. Very nicely done and what a find, love to have this little truck.

8. Thanks also to menbrial, Glenn, Dudley and Louie!

I agree that the good condition of the tires makes me think the truck still runs. However, the rubber strip hanging from the windshield wiper indicates to me that it hasn't been driven in awhile. Another indication that the truck hasn't been driven a lot lately at least at this location is that there are no tire tracks worn in the grass.

9. Very nice subject Mike. I like both images. I also like your PP work. Just as an idea, you might also go for a HDR processing as those kind of subjects suit HDR very well. HEP2 has so many nice sliders for that:rolleyes: 

10. asaya

asaya

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    I am thinking the vehicle is "On The road" ie the plates and a inspection sticker in NY if you don't have insurance on vehicle you have to turn the plates in, notice the plate is a "Historical" plate (Cheaper to register) so I am thinking it may well be legal to drive

11. Very strong image--and a gutsy transformation: black on black, with only the "sheen" of the truck separating it from the black background. Good job retaining the textured look of the paint.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.