Old Chevy Car (Sepia)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by dkapp, Apr 13, 2005.

1. dkapp

dkapp

Mar 18, 2005
    San Francisco
    I have no clue what kind of car this is, but I lived the lines & textures (rust). I love taking pics of old cars. I feel they have a soul, a personality. I don't get this from the current cars.

I've not been a big fan of color lately, so I decided to process these in Sepia.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is one in color since some people prefer it. I'm still undecided.

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed the ride :D

Dave

2. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Kinda looks like the lines of a Corvair.....

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice going....I'm with you, I definitely prefer the sepia on these!

4. Cool shots Dave!! :) :) :)

5. I would say you have found an old rear engine Corvair. Not the high point for Chevrolet but an interesting car none the less. If you drove one of these cars you would have to have a pan under the engine in your garage to keep the oil off the floor.

6. Looks great in sepia !
    I love the large dark areas and the way the rust just blends in with the colours.

Have you tried any of them in B&W ? - definately looks like an interesting subject for it.

7. dkapp

dkapp

Mar 18, 2005
    San Francisco
    Your right! I just searched for Corvair on the local B&S site, and its actually for sale! You can get two cars for $2600. They must be sold together.

Dave

8. dkapp

dkapp

Mar 18, 2005
    San Francisco
    Thanks Leigh. So far I'm split 50/50 on peoples preferences :D

I'm going to stick with my gut feeling on this one & stay with sepia.

Dave

9. dkapp

dkapp

Mar 18, 2005
    San Francisco
    I've also heard these can be pretty dangerous. According to what I've read, the font end can come off the ground if you get it going fast enough.

Dave

10. dkapp

dkapp

Mar 18, 2005
    San Francisco
    I started processing these in B&W, but it didn't have the same feel. The rust & shadows just weren't the same.

Dave

11. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Really cool! I like the effect the sepia gives.

That looks like a '63 Corvair. Worst mistake GM ever made, IMO, was to do an aluminum, rear-engine car. If you changed the oil at or before 3k miles, these were pretty reliable. Let it get to much over 3k and you'd end up throwing a rod by 30k miles. (Ok, I'm not old enough to remember them but have a dad who's a major car enthusiast and sold for GM for 20+ years).

12. I'm 100% behind how it feels - you've managed some great shots from a subject most people would ignore.
    If you could manage to get a front shot with rust in sepia, it may well be poster time !

13. Slowly I begin to comprehend your style and I have to admit that I like it more each time.

14. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    Totally cool!

I could easily see some of those hanging on walls in certian rooms in one's house.

15. Dave once again amazing processing. I just love how you process your images. One day they will be saying "that's a Kapp"

16. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Really love rust and gold colors.