Old Chevy Car (Sepia)

I have no clue what kind of car this is, but I lived the lines & textures (rust). I love taking pics of old cars. I feel they have a soul, a personality. I don't get this from the current cars.

I've not been a big fan of color lately, so I decided to process these in Sepia.

19555716-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

19566438-L.jpg

19566445-L.jpg

Here is one in color since some people prefer it. I'm still undecided.

19555725-L.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the ride :D

Dave

I would say you have found an old rear engine Corvair. Not the high point for Chevrolet but an interesting car none the less. If you drove one of these cars you would have to have a pan under the engine in your garage to keep the oil off the floor.

Baywing said:
Kinda looks like the lines of a Corvair.....

Your right! I just searched for Corvair on the local B&S site, and its actually for sale! You can get two cars for $2600. They must be sold together.

Dave

Leigh said:
Nice going....I'm with you, I definitely prefer the sepia on these!

Thanks Leigh. So far I'm split 50/50 on peoples preferences :D

I'm going to stick with my gut feeling on this one & stay with sepia.

Dave

greyflash said:
I would say you have found an old rear engine Corvair. Not the high point for Chevrolet but an interesting car none the less. If you drove one of these cars you would have to have a pan under the engine in your garage to keep the oil off the floor.

I've also heard these can be pretty dangerous. According to what I've read, the font end can come off the ground if you get it going fast enough.

Dave

DMcG said:
Looks great in sepia !
I love the large dark areas and the way the rust just blends in with the colours.

Have you tried any of them in B&W ? - definately looks like an interesting subject for it.

I started processing these in B&W, but it didn't have the same feel. The rust & shadows just weren't the same.

Dave

Really cool! I like the effect the sepia gives.

That looks like a '63 Corvair. Worst mistake GM ever made, IMO, was to do an aluminum, rear-engine car. If you changed the oil at or before 3k miles, these were pretty reliable. Let it get to much over 3k and you'd end up throwing a rod by 30k miles. (Ok, I'm not old enough to remember them but have a dad who's a major car enthusiast and sold for GM for 20+ years).

Totally cool!

I could easily see some of those hanging on walls in certian rooms in one's house.

Latest threads

Top Bottom