1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Old church among strong colours

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Rui Lopes, Aug 19, 2009.

1. While driving through a small country road I found this church. Immediately, I felt the need to stop and take a picture because of the strong and nice colours surrounding it:

116260794.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As a side note, the church was built back in the XV century and is located at Figueiró dos Vinhos, Portugal.

Rui

D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon:smile: glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

2. Thanks for stopping, Rui. That is a stunning image.

3. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Just beautiful, Rui - you know I love your photos!

4. Thanks for joining me in the road!:smile:

Rui

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

5. Oh Rui! You should do postcards for the tourists! This little church is breathtaking, stunning, gorgeous, I can't think of another word! I'm glad you DID stop! And DON'T STOP photographing your gorgeous country and sharing them! I almost feel like I'm there!

6. Always kind... very kind. Thanks.

Rui

D300, D200, coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon:smile: glass.

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

7. Tony_W

Tony_W

Dec 9, 2007
    Louisville, TN
    I always enjoy your shot Rui this one is no exception. Thanks for sharing your beautiful country with us.:smile:

8. Thanks, Tony:smile:

Rui

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

9. Very, very nice!!

10. Thanks.

Rui

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

11. Lovely shot Rui. I really like the visual design and colors and it was very nice from you to also giving us a little bit of history.
    Hopefully I will be traveling to Palma in October, which I could not do last year as planned because of the hurricane season. I hope to stop in Portugal and spend a few days there.

William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

12. Very nice shot!

13. Rob Zijlstra

Rob Zijlstra A Koffie Drinker

Nov 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    Very nice contrast in the colors. Strong picture.

BTW 'Figueiró dos Vinhos'. Vinhos means wine, doesn't it? Is this then a church dedicated to winemakers or dedicated to a saint who is protector of the wine?

14. Thanks. You´ll be welcome for sure!:smile:

Thanks, Alex.

You are right - vinhos is the portuguese word to wine. About "Figueiró" I am not sure what it means. However, I believe that the whole name is due to the existence of many vineyards in that region.

Rui

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.