Old church among strong colours

While driving through a small country road I found this church. Immediately, I felt the need to stop and take a picture because of the strong and nice colours surrounding it:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As a side note, the church was built back in the XV century and is located at Figueiró dos Vinhos, Portugal.

Rui

D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon:smile: glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

Oh Rui! You should do postcards for the tourists! This little church is breathtaking, stunning, gorgeous, I can't think of another word! I'm glad you DID stop! And DON'T STOP photographing your gorgeous country and sharing them! I almost feel like I'm there!

Oh Rui! You should do postcards for the tourists! This little church is breathtaking, stunning, gorgeous, I can't think of another word! I'm glad you DID stop! And DON'T STOP photographing your gorgeous country and sharing them! I almost feel like I'm there!
Always kind... very kind. Thanks.

Rui

D300, D200, coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon:smile: glass.

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

Lovely shot Rui. I really like the visual design and colors and it was very nice from you to also giving us a little bit of history.
Hopefully I will be traveling to Palma in October, which I could not do last year as planned because of the hurricane season. I hope to stop in Portugal and spend a few days there.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Very nice contrast in the colors. Strong picture.

BTW 'Figueiró dos Vinhos'. Vinhos means wine, doesn't it? Is this then a church dedicated to winemakers or dedicated to a saint who is protector of the wine?

Lovely shot Rui. I really like the visual design and colors and it was very nice from you to also giving us a little bit of history.
Hopefully I will be traveling to Palma in October, which I could not do last year as planned because of the hurricane season. I hope to stop in Portugal and spend a few days there.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.
Thanks. You´ll be welcome for sure!:smile:

Very nice shot!
Thanks, Alex.

Very nice contrast in the colors. Strong picture.

BTW 'Figueiró dos Vinhos'. Vinhos means wine, doesn't it? Is this then a church dedicated to winemakers or dedicated to a saint who is protector of the wine?
You are right - vinhos is the portuguese word to wine. About "Figueiró" I am not sure what it means. However, I believe that the whole name is due to the existence of many vineyards in that region.

Rui

D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon:smile: glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom