Old Copper Mine---More Images

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by sbuttrick, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Hi Folks, I shot this while on vacation this month. This is a cool old copper mine. I could have spent an entire day shooting here.

[​IMG]

Here are a few more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2005
  2. That is a great photo, Scott! I have a "thing" for old mines of any type. Do you have any others that you can share?

3. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I'm with Greg, I like old mines, too. Have any more shots of this one to post? I'll have to dig thru some old slides and scan a few, I have a several mines in AZ on film as well as an adit or two from some very old local barite mines.

4. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    Great photo Scott, the color saturation is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great photo.

WHERES THE REST ??????????????

6. Thanks for the comments folks. When I get the rest processed I'll post them.

7. It's still amaze me to see so beautiful buildings left in the middle of nowhere till they drop to the ground.

8. Added three more.

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice crisp, clear, colorful images. Good job.

Having a hard time with the window thingy :>))) Interesting. But don't know quite what to think of it. hummmm.. Guess I will have to stare at it for a bit

10. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice, I like the 2nd one with many windows. It is somewhat abstract :smile:

11. Thanks Gale & Ben, I found the windows interesting because of their appearance of random placement. I spent a couple of hours at the Mine and only scratched the surface. I believe that in it's day it was the second largest copper mine in the world. Cool place.

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Yes as I was staring at the windows image, I did notice the placement of the windows. Very different indeed. Also in the second window down there is a reflection of some kind. hummm What does that have in it at 100%. Interesting.

Ya know this must be one hell of a good image to make one look so hard at it. :>)))

The first window has one pane different. The other three are all the same in the panes.

I wanna go there and see these windows...lolol

13. Let me know when you want to come up and I'll take you there. I would wait until spring though. I don't know how far you are from Michigan, but the Quincy Mine is 600 miles from my house and I never leave the State to get their.

14. A very nice series Scott. This is so sharp, and the colours are so vivid. I bet it was a feeling of that "Canadian brisk air" ;) ;)
    I like the window shot, not only because of its artistery, but also because you have taken it without any perspective distortion (or perhaps you have corrected it?).

15. Christian, no correction and it was taken on October 1st and was about 80 degrees that day. By the end of the week we had snow.