old images with a classic

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Commodorefirst, May 26, 2007.

1. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    From back when I had the 300f4, seeing everyones recent shots with this lens has me missing mine. (sold to acquire my other big glass with VR)

And I find myself fondly remembering it. All of these taken with the d70, and a lot of them taken back when full raw processing and Raw conversion was not my common routine. I may have to go revisit these sometime and reprocess them!

This was my first long lens and this was when I thought 300mm and the 1.4 was long! lol :biggrin:

Funny how much better I am today with my processing and image taking now than 4 or more years ago!

Wade

a 50% crop, handheld f4 ISO 200 D70

[​IMG]

same setting here:

[​IMG]

with the 1.4 wide open, and D70, handheld, once again a large crop,

[​IMG]

wide open no converter, 50% crop, handheld,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Sweet shots Wade #3 is for me I might just know were you can borrow one if the need arises:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

3. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Wade,

I love my 300/4 lens (Canon). I keep it beside me attached to a body when riding around because it is perfect for quick shots if an opportunity arises.

The eagle and deer images held up exceptionally well for large crops.

4. Great images. The 300/F4 has to be one of the sharpest lenses in the world and you sure took advantage of it! Razor sharp images. I love the first one.

Best,

Jose