old lens lust has no way out! 60 year old Canon 100/2 LTM inside!

I am in an old lens frenzy just during the most busy time before a trip!
I got myself decided on not only getting a Nikkor 105/2.5 in LTM mount, but picked up Yesterday also the famed Canon 100:2 lens in LTM mount.

Let me cut this short:

Is is sharp, sharp, sharp, sharp, sharp, sharp …

A few drive by shots, while returning to the office Today:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Don't believe the "sharp - part" in my comment above? I won't post crops, as they might as well cut your internet connection so sharp they are even after 60 years of storage - crazy lens that is!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Steve
Thanks man, I am evaluating this one at the moment, if it is any good for action and low light.
The straight, nice portrait lens (without additional technique for lower contrast and less brutal sharpness), it is not.

There ain't no 75 Summilux for pocket money ;-)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Bart
Thanks - the drive by shooting is actually my own way of using the many hours I spend on the road, as quality shooting time is rare with my job :-(

It is a great way of checking out new lenses too, as any flaw in operation is quickly revealed, as you really drive by, means, you have less time and chances, to take the shot opposed to some peoples thinking of lining up vehicles, so one has an "easier panning shot" (this is nonsense ;-) ).

You are more limited and have a lower quality output due to camera shake, window glass, flare, weak composition (bad roads around here).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom