1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

old lens lust has no way out! 60 year old Canon 100/2 LTM inside!

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by menos, May 31, 2011.

1. menos

menos

Nov 11, 2008
    Shanghai
    I am in an old lens frenzy just during the most busy time before a trip!
    I got myself decided on not only getting a Nikkor 105/2.5 in LTM mount, but picked up Yesterday also the famed Canon 100:2 lens in LTM mount.

Let me cut this short:

Is is sharp, sharp, sharp, sharp, sharp, sharp …

A few drive by shots, while returning to the office Today:

L1042903-Edit-Canon%20100%20f2%20-%20detail.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

L1042900-Edit-second%20job.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Don't believe the "sharp - part" in my comment above? I won't post crops, as they might as well cut your internet connection so sharp they are even after 60 years of storage - crazy lens that is!

2. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Your on an "Antique Roll" Dirk! They sure do look Excellent! Congrats!

3. menos

menos

Nov 11, 2008
    Shanghai
    @Steve
    Thanks man, I am evaluating this one at the moment, if it is any good for action and low light.
    The straight, nice portrait lens (without additional technique for lower contrast and less brutal sharpness), it is not.

There ain't no 75 Summilux for pocket money ;-)

4. hmm. Your 'drive by shots' leave nothing to be desired.
    Great!

5. menos

menos

Nov 11, 2008
    Shanghai
    @Bart
    Thanks - the drive by shooting is actually my own way of using the many hours I spend on the road, as quality shooting time is rare with my job :-(

It is a great way of checking out new lenses too, as any flaw in operation is quickly revealed, as you really drive by, means, you have less time and chances, to take the shot opposed to some peoples thinking of lining up vehicles, so one has an "easier panning shot" (this is nonsense ;-) ).

You are more limited and have a lower quality output due to camera shake, window glass, flare, weak composition (bad roads around here).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.