Old Llano Bridge

Howdy All,

A recent trip to Llano Texas, shot with modded D70s

76140059.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Honestly Craig, unless it is me or my monitor, I can hardly make out the bridge in the photo as it is to dark.

George.

Honestly Craig, unless it is me or my monitor, I can hardly make out the bridge in the photo as it is to dark.

George.

Howdy George,

Thanks for your reply.

I have to admit I was going for a very dark silhouette of the bridge, and a lighter foreground. I seem to have this problem of my images being too dark to see on a lot of folks monitor, and I have checked mine over and over on the charts. I can see the ends of the black and white sections and maybe it's working in a kind of dark room that fools me?

Anyway, thanks for your thoughtful reply and I'll check into the darkness:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy,

I tried lightening this one up a little, is it any better?

76182847.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I think that is much better, and also knowing what look you were going for.

George.

B

bryan

I like the dark one better, very moody, almost frightening.. I wouldn't want to drive over that bridge by myself! It's a beautiful shot!!!

Howdy All

Howdy All,

Thanks for the comments and replies. I appreciate the thoughtful insight on how you viewed the image.

Nice image..did you go to Cooper's Old Time BBQ while you were in town ?? If we were within 50 miles of Llano we always had to make the journey for some brisket & pork chops:biggrin:

Nice image..did you go to Cooper's Old Time BBQ while you were in town ?? If we were within 50 miles of Llano we always had to make the journey for some brisket & pork chops:biggrin:

Howdy,

Unfortunately we had planned to return and things didn't work out that way, but I promise the next time we'll make it:smile:

Both photos are real good IMO. I kinda like the first one best.
Like they say: To each his own.
Thanks

Howdy Sancho,

Thanks so much, I too really liked the first one best!!

Belize, Hmmmmmmmmmmm one of my most favorite places, 5 Sisters Lodge, is still a very fond memory.

Kindest Regards

Latest threads

Top Bottom